Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All

Just wondering if you could help me. I am having a look through some past papers before I start my revision to see which areas need most work. I came across the following question:

'For a named rural region in a MEDC you have studied, describe and explain how changes in its service provision have affected some rural dwellers more than others.'

I have looked back though the textbook and my notes and I cant seem to find a case study. Does anyone know which case study I should use?

I am doing OCR at AS Level

Many thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about specific case studies, but I would either use Mid-West America with the influx of prairisation (just expanses of fields, no hedges) and the problems this caused farmers in the 30s after the great dust storm eroded the soil (alluvial erosion) and how the farmers had to diversify during this time until the soil repaired itself.

Or look at Holland and the Market Garden with all the greenhouses growing flowers. Proper intensive farming techniques. You could bring in CAP and the effect that has had on farmers.

Or Dairy farmers in the UK.

Actually scrap that, I read past service provision, in which case you need to look at communications, transport and so on. So, I think I would look at farming in East Anglia and access to TV, Broadband, Telephone, roads (no motorways over there), influx of commuters and more money to some...that kinda thing?

I have not done A level Geog in a while, just finished my degree in geog, so sorry if this is not what you need!

Graham

ReputationRep:
    Lake District
    For example the shops are becoming more tourist orientated which does not benefit locals. If you research the Lake District/Peak District there will be loads for your case study ... it was in my AS textbook (which was OCR) =\

Very good points above too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.