Edexcel AS Level Stats and Mechanics 2022

Watch this thread
eshaya
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How did everyone find the stats and mechanics exam??!
Last edited by eshaya; 1 month ago
Sodiumhydride
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by eshaya)
The test wasn't the best, what was that probability 5 marker?
1ta_dx
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Why was there a question on the large data set??? :sob:
Marr.sar
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What did u guys get for the value of k?
alwaysnervous
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Marr.sar)
I got 5 I think? for the next part where it asked to find the median from the equation I had no idea what to do lol
alwaysnervous
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I thought it was okay, better than the pure paper which parts of it I found very difficult. The question with the large data set I fully chose random numbers I had no clue, but everything else I managed to do I think, but I'm sure I made many stupid mistakes or used the wrong methods etc.
Last edited by alwaysnervous; 1 month ago
dh33r4j_d
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I got k=3 you integrate the curve with limits 8 and zero and thats equal the frequency 256. So k=3.
Chessenugget
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Was it just me that found the mechanics paper pretty difficult?
fatemakiani_
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
integrate how ? what curve
fatemakiani_
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
what was U value i got 6
Marr.sar
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fatemakiani_)
what was U value i got 6
yh I got that it was the first question right? What did you get for the total distance for 0-4 in the variable acceleration question?
fatemakiani_
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yh I got that it was the first question right? What did you get for the total distance for 0-4 in the variable acceleration question?
yes mechanics um what qs was that?
fatemakiani_
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
what bout the lift one 500N? and the second part was 990?
the distance i got was 16/3 or something
dh33r4j_d
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I got u as 8?
what was U value i got 6
fatemakiani_
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
and for the variable acceleration qs was u meant to get two answrs for accelration i got -1 and 1?
t=3 t=2
alwaysnervous
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
what bout the lift one 500N? and the second part was 990?
the distance i got was 16/3 or something
I think I got 16/3 as well that sounds familiar, and I got 17/3 for something can't remember what q.
For the lift one I got 500N as well, but for the second part I got 100N nooo
dh33r4j_d
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
u got the graph for frequency density on y axis and height on x axis, So you know the area underneath is the frequency. As the limits are 8 and zero u do definite integration between those two points to get k.
alwaysnervous
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dh33r4j_d)
u got the graph for frequency density on y axis and height on x axis, So you know the area underneath is the frequency. As the limits are 8 and zero u do definite integration between those two points to get k.
That sounds right but also wouldn't doing integration with limits and stuff fall under pure maths not applied?
alwaysnervous
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I got that as well yeah it looked wrong but I just left them as my answers lol
and for the variable acceleration qs was u meant to get two answrs for accelration i got -1 and 1?
t=3 t=2
_ryan_27
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sodiumhydride)
The test wasn't the best, what was that probability 5 marker?
m=6 and n= 8 I believe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads