The Student Room Group

Applied Professional Engineering apprenticeship by Warwick

Hi, I'm currently yr12 and I'm thinking about applying for an engineering degree apprenticeship (because the tuition fee of uni is hella expensive).
Do you think the Applied Professional Engineering Programme by Warwick is as good as or even better than their normal engineering course ? because their entry requirement seems to be quite low. And could you guys recommend some other good degree apprenticeships that is worth checking?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by long_vacation
Hi, I'm currently yr12 and I'm thinking about applying for an engineering degree apprenticeship (because the tuition fee of uni is hella expensive).
Do you think the Applied Professional Engineering Programme by Warwick is as good as or even better than their normal engineering course ? because their entry requirement seems to be quite low. And could you guys recommend some other good degree apprenticeships that is worth checking?
Thanks

Hi, I am on this course right now (started last September). I'm doing the "product design and development engineering" stream of the course with a company called Caterpillar (I started last September), and it's been very good so far. The big advantages for me are having a salary, not having to pay for the degree and also getting to do work for my company instead of just studying full-time. I am not familiar with the normal engineering course at Warwick so I wouldn't know what to compare it to. One thing that is always better about an apprenticeship though is getting industry on-the-job experience that you just can't get at uni. The grades are low in order to encourage people to do degree apprenticeships, or so I hear. This was the only degree apprenticeship I applied for so I wouldn't be able to recommend any others, but I would highly recommend this one if you want to do engineering. Which stream of the course are you thinking of? (Assuming you're familiar with the different streams of the APEP course). Hope this helps!
Sam
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending