The Student Room Group

migraine in the exam

I had a migraine in my a level exam - I reported it to the invigilator and he said there was nothing he could do. What should I do?
Reply 1
Perhaps ask your teachers for advice maybe they can help explain the situation
It’s very sad but I don’t think there’s anything they can do especially as you can’t prove you had the migraine!
Reply 3
Original post by Alevel2022
It’s very sad but I don’t think there’s anything they can do especially as you can’t prove you had the migraine!

they have a note from my neurologist saying I suffer from migraine and I went into A&E because i couldn't see very well and they wrote me a note saying I did have a migraine
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by taylor2205
they have a note from my neurologist saying I suffer from migraine and I went into A&E because i couldn't see very well and they wrote me a note saying I did have a migraine

I would contact your exams officer and show them this. That must have been so frustrating for you. How often do you get them?

I would definitely see what the exams officer at your school says. Perhaps they could send the evidence to your exam board as well. I think the most they could do is is give special consideration and maybe add a few marks to your raw total marks.

Worst case scenario is that if you don't get the grades you need is to possibly resit?

I hope everything get sorted soon :hugs:
Agree with the above. Let your exam officer know, give them evidence of your migraine (doctor’s note) and give a description of which invigilator you told. Do this as soon as possible.
Reply 6
Original post by KA_P
I would contact your exams officer and show them this. That must have been so frustrating for you. How often do you get them?

I would definitely see what the exams officer at your school says. Perhaps they could send the evidence to your exam board as well. I think the most they could do is is give special consideration and maybe add a few marks to your raw total marks.

Worst case scenario is that if you don't get the grades you need is to possibly resit?

I hope everything get sorted soon :hugs:

i get migraines at least three times a week
Original post by taylor2205
i get migraines at least three times a week

:console:

Quick Reply

Latest