Is this a positive COVID result?

Watch this thread
acorley
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Very thin and very faint line which can be seen by the naked eye but not sure if this is just what's in place on the test or if it's an actual positive result? I had the same issue back in January, did a PCR and it came back negative. I feel a bit fatigued and need to test daily for work but does anyone know if this is classed as a positive result or not?

Pics attached

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  272.1 KB
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  331.8 KB
username5944309
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
yes that's how mine was then I did one the day after and it was a definite positive.... unlucky looks like you have covid
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
id take another test as a few people ik have got false positives on those 'brand' of tests which looked like that, and imo its always best to take 2 anyway
sufys
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You should take another test.
RJDG14
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That looks like a borderline-positive result to me. I don't know if it would count or not since I can often see an extremely subtle line where a positive result would be while the test is "processing".

I happen to have this afternoon (definitely, if this test isn't a false positive) tested positive, and this is how my test looks by comparison:

Name:  IMG_8883.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  276.1 KB

So far it feels no worse than a mild cold to me. My mum came down with it last Thursday and my dad came down on Monday. I think I caught it from him. At the moment it feels milder than the similar feeling cold I had while in Ireland in August 2017. For some reason that cold felt very Covid-like (including temporary loss of smell and taste and to a degree long Covid) from what I've read and it seems to have given me a lot of immunity against colds I've had since. I would almost be tempted to call the cold I had while in Co. Mayo in 2017 Covid-17.

(this happens to also be the last of my NHS branded Covid tests)
Last edited by RJDG14; 1 month ago
Awaitingquavers
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes this is highly likely to be positive

If you swab your throat as well as your nostrils you might find that the line is more prominent

Eitherway this is deemed a positive test
SagaciousSag
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Positive. You've likely caught it early. Personally, I've never gotten a false positive, so 2 positives means positive.
RJDG14
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Awaitingquavers)
Yes this is highly likely to be positive

If you swab your throat as well as your nostrils you might find that the line is more prominent

Eitherway this is deemed a positive test
(Original post by SagaciousSag)
Positive. You've likely caught it early. Personally, I've never gotten a false positive, so 2 positives means positive.
May I ask if you're talking about me or the OP? My positive result looks pretty clear, but at the same time the two results the OP gave aren't particularly obvious. At most I would say they may have very mild traces of Covid in their system without being particularly contagious, though they may still be technically positive.
acorley
Rep:
Hi all,
Just a quick update. I feel fine however, I took another test, made by a different brand. That one came back negative.

Then today, I took another test of the new brand, which came back negative. I took another test from the original brand and that did the same with this tiny, thin, faint line. I do believe it's this brand of tests!
Bit silly if you ask me, I wonder how many people have had the same thing happen and assumed they were positive! Or vice versa, thought it was just factory error (etc.) and thought they were negative!
acorley
Rep:
Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-26 at 13.17.44.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  56.2 KB
The mystery line is back again. I have just gotten over a cold. I took a test on Tuesday when I felt cold-symptoms and it was negative. Someone in my house tested positive for COVID on Thursday and I took another test and that also came back negative. I feel almost 100% better from the cold now and thought I'd do a test before going out and this faint line appears! It's slightly more prominent that the faint line I had a couple of weeks ago (see original post) but causing so much confusion.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by acorley)
The mystery line is back again. I have just gotten over a cold. I took a test on Tuesday when I felt cold-symptoms and it was negative. Someone in my house tested positive for COVID on Thursday and I took another test and that also came back negative. I feel almost 100% better from the cold now and thought I'd do a test before going out and this faint line appears! It's slightly more prominent that the faint line I had a couple of weeks ago (see original post) but causing so much confusion.
That is a positive test.
SagaciousSag
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Maybe you're asymptomatic for COVID. Try testing in a day or two.
iL1L
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm afraid that's definitely positive
acorley
Rep:
Yeah will test again tomorrow
acorley
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Name:  image0.JPEG
Views: 11
Size:  136.4 KB

I can confirm neither of my previous posts were positive results. This is in fact a positive result as I actually have COVID now. Those faint lines can be deceiving.
Hawraa.A
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RJDG14)
That looks like a borderline-positive result to me. I don't know if it would count or not since I can often see an extremely subtle line where a positive result would be while the test is "processing".

I happen to have this afternoon (definitely, if this test isn't a false positive) tested positive, and this is how my test looks by comparison:

Name:  IMG_8883.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  276.1 KB

So far it feels no worse than a mild cold to me. My mum came down with it last Thursday and my dad came down on Monday. I think I caught it from him. At the moment it feels milder than the similar feeling cold I had while in Ireland in August 2017. For some reason that cold felt very Covid-like (including temporary loss of smell and taste and to a degree long Covid) from what I've read and it seems to have given me a lot of immunity against colds I've had since. I would almost be tempted to call the cold I had while in Co. Mayo in 2017 Covid-17.

(this happens to also be the last of my NHS branded Covid tests)
you can still get them on the NHS if u say ur GP told u to get one on Gov.uk
iL1L
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Name:  image0.JPEG
Views: 11
Size:  136.4 KB

I can confirm neither of my previous posts were positive results. This is in fact a positive result as I actually have COVID now. Those faint lines can be deceiving.
Yup

:console:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads