Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm starting a new (part-time) job on Wednesday as a Lettings Agent. I guess I really need a suit but unfortunately, I don't own one that fits at the moment and money is tight. I was looking around local charity shops this weekend but couldn't find anything my size. Anyway, I have a casual jacket which is fairly smart and I was wanted opinions as to whether it will be smart enough or not. I also wanted opinions as to whether I should wear a tie or not. I have included pictures so that you can comment. Bear in mind that although the job is hardly big business, I do have to look fairly smart when meeting up with landlords and showing potential tenants round properties.

With tie:

Without tie:

(Click thumbnails for full size image)

ReputationRep:
    with tie, defo x

ReputationRep:
    It's not a suite, but still looks fine to me. The jacket isn't that informal at all, and the tie adds that lacking elegance a suite can also offer. Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    Go with the tie

ReputationRep:
    With tie definitely, the jacket is smart too.

ReputationRep:
    you can easily wear shirt and tie in the office, and when you go out, put that jacket on, thats fine

ReputationRep:
    ps, get yourself to primark where they do suit trousers for about 8quid, shirts for 3ish, ties ranging from £1 to about £5 and suit jackets from a tenner up to £30/£35.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by . sav .)
    ps, get yourself to primark where they do suit trousers for about 8quid, shirts for 3ish, ties ranging from £1 to about £5 and suit jackets from a tenner up to £30/£35.
    Well, I will get a suit eventually. I think I may save up and get one at christmas. I'll probably either get a cheap George/Primark one or see what bargains I can snag in the charity shops.

ReputationRep:
    The tie looks the best!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.