Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I probably sound like a right old fool, but i sooooooo want to go to oxford! :yep: it's unbelievable, i just can't stop thinking about what'd it'd be like there, in such an historic university... :rolleyes:
    but after the bmat, i'm pretty damn sure my dream is short lived
    anyone else feel the same?

ReputationRep:
    hey what a coincidence, we are both in the same place! lol.

ReputationRep:
    don't get yourself too worked up about it, there are loads of other really good universities and some - dare i say it -are actually better for their subjects than oxbridge.
    oxbridge = very, very good but not the be-all and end-all

ReputationRep:
    well at least you can dream of going there, i don't even have the right to dream about it at all.. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    ...i just can't stop thinking about what'd it'd be like there, in such an historic university... :rolleyes:
    Hard work and miserable at times.

ReputationRep:
    I probably sound like a right old fool, but i sooooooo want to go to oxford! :yep: it's unbelievable, i just can't stop thinking about what'd it'd be like there, in such an historic university... :rolleyes:
    are you here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    :yep: So want to do that :P .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know how you feel - I just want to get in so bad! But cheer up; pyou never really know. Plenty of people who think they're going to get in don't, and plenty of people who think they're not gonna make it do. You never know. And besides, you may end up somewhere where you're really happy and be glad that things turned out the way they did!

ReputationRep:
    no. it's really nothing special. just the same stuff all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you don't get in as an undegraduate, if you get top grades in med school you could do your PhD there, etc. so... there's still a chance for you .

ReputationRep:

*sigh* Yes it's an excellent university, but it has its down sides too. You need to be mature, and realise that places are rarely what you expect them to be in reality. And for your own sake, don't get yourself so hyped over it- it's bad in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    You must be confusing Oxford with Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    eh.. where has the thread starter gone???

ReputationRep:
    ******* mostly. you cant even drive in the city centre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamsComeTrue.)
    are you here?
    i am here.... over the rainbow, dreaming....
    where exactly are you?
    and anyways, wow, u guys really are INCREDIBLY supportive.... i think i need to just MATURE a little, yep there are downsides but don't you think the good bits far outweight them?
    *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a mistake to look on Oxbridge as the be all and end all. There are people at my school that just can't imagine going anywhere else or that haven't even applied to their other four yet because they can't get oxbridge out of their heads. But the problem is that it is hard and loads of the people aren't going to get in. If I get in to Cambridge I would be unbelievable happy but I would be just as happy if I got in to Warwick or Newcastle. Cambridge is a bonus rather than an expectation. When people ask where my first choice is I just say Warwick if you ignore Cambridge which I do

ReputationRep:
    i am here.... over the rainbow, dreaming....
    where exactly are you?
    and anyways, wow, u guys really are INCREDIBLY supportive.... i think i need to just MATURE a little, yep there are downsides but don't you think the good bits far outweight them?
    *sighs*
    i was just saying that our "location" is the same (check out mine) lol.

Suicide is always an option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanK2)
    You must be confusing Oxford with Cambridge.
    Nah, pretty sure I've figured out which one I go to after 5 years.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the course at Oxford was quite old-fashioned and more reading stuff than practicing (for medicine). I agree with the other people too, at least be realistic about it, otherwise you'll be really disillusioned when/if you get there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.