The Student Room Group

refund policy

Hi, how many times are you allowed to purchase and refund items from the same place? Say I wanted some cool clothes to take pictures in but I didnt want to keep them after, how many times can I order using the same card
Beware of the shop when you constantly returning clothes to as eventually they will probably realised that you only buying then for a purpose other than you wearing them regular.
Purchases must be refunded on the same credit card as this prevents fraudulent purchases..

Can a clothing store refuse a refund......
The shop's 'rules' are irrelevant. If goods aren't faulty, you CAN'T return them. Unless the shop's 'rules' allow it, or it was bought online. Online is different, because the Distance Selling Regulations mean you can cancel goods within seven working days, even if you've merely changed your mind

When you do not have to offer a refund
You do not have to refund a customer if they:

knew an item was faulty when they bought it
damaged an item by trying to repair it themselves or getting someone else to do it (though they may still have the right to a repair, replacement or partial refund)
no longer want an item (for example because it's the wrong size or colour) unless they bought it without seeing it
You have to offer a refund for certain items only if they're faulty, such as:

personalised items and custom-made items, for example curtains
perishable items, for example frozen food or flowers
newspapers and magazines
unwrapped CDs, DVDs and computer software

Quick Reply

Latest