Psychology with Criminology Access Course for Law

Watch this thread
DatGuyHilz
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey, does anyone know if the majority of Universities would accept a pyschology with criminology access to higher education course diploma as suitable to apply for a law degree? I have contacted a few but seems like they take a while to get back.
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by DatGuyHilz)
Hey, does anyone know if the majority of Universities would accept a pyschology with criminology access to higher education course diploma as suitable to apply for a law degree? I have contacted a few but seems like they take a while to get back.
DatGuyHilz
Hello! I've taught on Access to HE for 10 years however it has been on the social sciences pathway and not law. For a subject like law at degree level, they typically want three good A levels with one or maybe two particular subjects, some providers have more flexible entry requirements subject wise. I would speak to the course co-ordinator on the Access program you are interested in, as they will be familiar with local offers for students.

If you can find a Local Access to Law program that would be your ideal option though.

The Social Science pathway tends to be very open progression route wise, we recently closed our Primary Teaching Pathway because learners could do the social science one instead and then do teacher training at Uni. I once had a student who did Primary Teaching, was told she just needed to pass the course, and did a degree in Music Production!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
DatGuyHilz
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello, every university I've checked seems to accept an Access to HE diploma with a certain number of distinctions but they never specify exactly what types of courses would be accepted for law. One University said it needed a similar course like Humanities but still left it quite non-specific. Doesn't seem like there is many local options in Northern Ireland in terms of access courses for law/pyschology.

(Original post by Arden University)
DatGuyHilz
Hello! I've taught on Access to HE for 10 years however it has been on the social sciences pathway and not law. For a subject like law at degree level, they typically want three good A levels with one or maybe two particular subjects, some providers have more flexible entry requirements subject wise. I would speak to the course co-ordinator on the Access program you are interested in, as they will be familiar with local offers for students.

If you can find a Local Access to Law program that would be your ideal option though.

The Social Science pathway tends to be very open progression route wise, we recently closed our Primary Teaching Pathway because learners could do the social science one instead and then do teacher training at Uni. I once had a student who did Primary Teaching, was told she just needed to pass the course, and did a degree in Music Production!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (20)
16.95%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
26.27%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (63)
53.39%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
3.39%

Watched Threads