The Student Room Group

[Unofficial Markscheme] OCR A Level Biology Biological processes H420/01 - 9 Jun 2022

Hi everyone! Hope you all found the exam okay :heart:
You can contribute to the unofficial markscheme by posting some answers here (try and include the question numbers too if you can remember), and I'll compile them into a markscheme on this post :yy:

There's a chat thread about the exam here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7183627

Tagging in people who commented on the chat thread

Scroll to see replies

How did you guys work out Q10?
EMG trace answer A only 1
Q10 answer 2.2
heaviest fish only
rate at 23 degrees celsius divided by rate at 13 degrees celsius
Reply 4
Original post by BadBComeToTheNiz

You do 200/90 (which were the rate of reaction values for 23°C and 13°C) answer is 2.22
I don’t know how I got 222 whaaaaa
I swe it was like g so u have to convert to kg no?
Original post by BadBComeToTheNiz

i didnt actually do this but apparently it was the gradient because you were supposed to find out the rate of respiration as q10 is the factor by which reaction rate increases every 10 degrees
Reply 8
Guys for the multiple choice question about triglycerides. Aren’t both answers about polymer of fatty acids and glycerol and the ester bonds correct?
Original post by Mintsh
Guys for the multiple choice question about triglycerides. Aren’t both answers about polymer of fatty acids and glycerol and the ester bonds correct?

Triglycerides aren't polymers
Original post by sk09909
Triglycerides aren't polymers

nooo i got that one wrong...i literally was going to put the other one
Anyone know the red blood cell respiration multiple choice answer
Also for the statistical test multiple choice I put unpaired t-test. Anyone else?
Original post by Anonymous9608

Pretty sure they respire anaerobically I remember my teacher mentioning it briefly, all their cell organelles die so only a small amount of cytoplasm is left for anaerobic respiration to take place
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by biycye
You do 200/90 (which were the rate of reaction values for 23°C and 13°C) answer is 2.22

nooo i did 90/200 do u think ill get 1 mark at least?
Original post by Meghan.02
nooo i did 90/200 do u think ill get 1 mark at least?

I did the same lol, tbh I don’t think it’s a mark because I think it’d be one mark for the working out, and another for the rounding to 2dp?
Original post by Uyfc8gv
Pretty sure they respire anaerobically I remember my teacher mentioning it briefly, all their cell organelles die so only a small amount of cytoplasm is left for anaerobic respiration to take place

so its the one about them respiring anaerobically as they have no mitochondria?
Original post by treasuremaker
so its the one about them respiring anaerobically as they have no mitochondria?

Yeah

im almost 100% that it was the answer that said rbc dont have mitochondria (bc they actually dont)
Also for the statistical test multiple choice I put unpaired t-test. Anyone else?

yep!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending