The Student Room Group

[Unofficial Markscheme] OCR A Level Biology Biological processes H420/01 - 9 Jun 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lunariumxo
that suckss i literally had put that down and crossed it out :frown:

I think its paired t-test because you had the same group put in different conditions (light and dark)
Original post by flaurie
Hi everyone! Hope you all found the exam okay :heart:
You can contribute to the unofficial markscheme by posting some answers here (try and include the question numbers too if you can remember), and I'll compile them into a markscheme on this post :yy:

There's a chat thread about the exam here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7183627

have you made the markscheme yet
Original post by BadBComeToTheNiz
How did you guys work out Q10?

no idea i guessed
photosynthesis qs- envolope =f. Stroma apeared twice, and lamelle was the bands beetween the granum.
gap fill- rubp, gp, nadph and atp and starch
Original post by AquaK
What did everyone write for the 6 marker on ATP supply?

I wrote about aerobic respiration, anaerobic respiration and about creatine phosphate.
photythsis- sroma twice, lamele bands next to darkness, envlope=f. rupb, gp,nadph and atp and starch
Original post by joannar_
I wrote about aerobic respiration, anaerobic respiration and about creatine phosphate.

just anerobic and atp pc- becuase walking and jogging at (LOW INTENSITY)is not vigorous exersise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- its got to be just anaerobic systems because they state (high intensity- short and long duration.) I also do pe a level so I know this is correct!!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 67
Original post by 665Albertros
just anerobic and atp pc- becuase walking and jogging at (LOW INTENSITY)is not vigorous exersise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- its got to be just anaerobic systems because they state (high intensity- short and long duration.) I also do pe a level so I know this is correct!!!

bruh i lost brain cells reading this, are u agreeing or disagreeing with him cos i wrote abt the exact same thing, i talked abt creatine phosphate and glycolysis and the other few aerobic respiratory processes that produced atp, i cant imagine that being wrong
photosynthesis qs- envolope =f. Stroma apeared twice, and lamelle was the bands beetween the granum.
gap fill- rubp, gp, nadph and atp and starch

I personally think it was sucrose and not starch. After a lot of reading online after the exam, a lot of websites stated it is sucrose which travels through the plasmodesmata and into the phloem. I don't know about relative sizes and what can actually pass through the plasmodesmata, but I think starch is too big to pass through it and into the phloem sap. but not 100% sure, i could be wrong
Original post by patelheet30
I personally think it was sucrose and not starch. After a lot of reading online after the exam, a lot of websites stated it is sucrose which travels through the plasmodesmata and into the phloem. I don't know about relative sizes and what can actually pass through the plasmodesmata, but I think starch is too big to pass through it and into the phloem sap. but not 100% sure, i could be wrong

yh personally i put assimilates or sucrose cant remember which one but technically assimilates includes sucrose so both should be right.
Reply 70
Hi guys, for the leaf diagram question 1, was that phloem or xylem? Cuz I thought it point the inside one?
Original post by Yigeee
Hi guys, for the leaf diagram question 1, was that phloem or xylem? Cuz I thought it point the inside one?

A lot of people are saying Cambium, I put Phloem myself cuz I totally forgot about the Cambium

Frrr everyone is saying they put aerobic but I only put anaerobic and creatinine phosphate too😭
yesss i also put about transparency to allow aquatic plants to receive enough light for photosynthesis
Original post by treasuremaker
yh personally i put assimilates or sucrose cant remember which one but technically assimilates includes sucrose so both should be right.

yay i put sucrose too
(Original post by patelheet30)I personally think it was sucrose and not starch. After a lot of reading online after the exam, a lot of websites stated it is sucrose which travels through the plasmodesmata and into the phloem. I don't know about relative sizes and what can actually pass through the plasmodesmata, but I think starch is too big to pass through it and into the phloem sap. but not 100% sure, i could be wrong

Original post by Anonymous9608
Frrr everyone is saying they put aerobic but I only put anaerobic and creatinine phosphate too😭

6 marks for just anaerobic and create phosphate seems unlikely tbh. It was describe different sources, describing 2 sources doesn't seem worth 6 marks (more like 4), describing 3 sources would be worth 6 marks, hence aerobic would be necessary to include.
6 marks can come from glycolysis, lactate fermentation and atp pc system- talking about the effects of lactate and denaturing of enzymes- how many atp popular produces and the intensity of exercise. Why on earth would they put vigorous exercise. Do you think walking is vigorous exercise . Every person who wrote aerobic exercise must just sit on their phone all day and when they get up for a walk thing this is vigorous exercise!!
Original post by Spectrz
6 marks for just anaerobic and create phosphate seems unlikely tbh. It was describe different sources, describing 2 sources doesn't seem worth 6 marks (more like 4), describing 3 sources would be worth 6 marks, hence aerobic would be necessary to include.
6 marks can come from glycolysis, lactate fermentation and atp pc system- talking about the effects of lactate and denaturing of enzymes- how many atp popular produces and the intensity of exercise. Why on earth would they put vigorous exercise. Do you think walking is vigorous exercise . Every person who wrote aerobic exercise must just sit on their phone all day and when they get up for a walk thing this is vigorous exercise!!

I have just checked the text book and it ses that the majority of atp is made via anerobic and atp pc and that pc - is used during their words vigorous exercise
I have just checked the text book and it ses that the majority of atp is made via anerobic and atp pc and that pc - is used during their words vigorous exercise

Key word being 'majority' so there must be other sources. It said outline the sources of ATP during strenuous exercise so there will have been aerobic initially

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending