The Student Room Group

English language nea help

guys im really struggling, with the investigation ideas for english language aqa a level coursework. we have to do an investigation regarding language. e.g. ne of my friends is doing an investigation into childrens science textbooks vs a level
i have no idea what to do or how to find the data
Reply 1
Original post by rosestudent
guys im really struggling, with the investigation ideas for english language aqa a level coursework. we have to do an investigation regarding language. e.g. ne of my friends is doing an investigation into childrens science textbooks vs a level
i have no idea what to do or how to find the data

Don't panic about what everyone else is doing. Every single person in my class did their NEA on social media or similar (so they had data all of the time) while I did mine on interruptions and actually had to go and get my own data.

There are tones of things to look into! Here are some that I thought about (I'm a second year student who's just finished A-levels btw so feel free to question me with things!)
- Anything regarding gender
-Child Language Acquisition (You learn about it anyway for exams and you are allowed to do NEA on it)
-Local dialects. Maybe walk around your town and see if you can go somewhere else and see the different in language?
-Social media is the easiest but harder to write about.
-Politeness (Tv show presenters vs Reality stars for examples)
-How does the language of a certain kind of advertising change over time?

Literally, anything you can think of if you can get quality data and talk about it. If you want to run anything by me, please feel free too :smile: Of course, the things above are a small portion of what you can do and you might get some better ideas of other people that respond to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending