The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Latin Prose literature H443/03 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level Latin Prose literature H443/03 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 13th June PM
Length: 2h

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
I acc am scared for it, we do Tacitus
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Tacitus 20-marker? I'm wondering what questions can come up:smile:
Original post by BlancheCheng
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Tacitus 20-marker? I'm wondering what questions can come up:smile:

not sure but hoping its similar to the 2020 one :smile:
Original post by darcy999
not sure but hoping its similar to the 2020 one :smile:

What is the question in 2021?
Did the Cicero for A and Apuleius for B and C. Found it really good and liked the sections they chose for 15 marker especially B
Original post by ell1epink
Did the Cicero for A and Apuleius for B and C. Found it really good and liked the sections they chose for 15 marker especially B

I did the same sections. I thought it went quite well
Reply 7
how did anyone find Tacitus?
Thought the question that called on 2 chapters really interesting. Thought 20 marker was a little out there. Really, Tacitus has so much going on, there’s always something to say.
Original post by inkyy
how did anyone find Tacitus?
Original post by tleclaydon
Thought the question that called on 2 chapters really interesting. Thought 20 marker was a little out there. Really, Tacitus has so much going on, there’s always something to say.

i had so much to say but completely ran out of time! :frown:
Reply 10
Same, literature exams are sooo time pressured
Original post by darcy999
i had so much to say but completely ran out of time! :frown:
For Cicero, in the ‘sections in English’ stipulated in the 20 mark essay mark scheme including everything between sections 78-99 (some of which as a result of me doing both the AS and A level passages on the Philippics I cover in Latin anyway) - so if I included a quote from for example section 84 would this check the ‘sections in English’ box even though i studied it in Latin?
Is there a separate chat for the verse exam on Monday? If not what text is everyone doing for that one? I’m doing Aeneid 11 for both so any potential essay titles would be appreciated as I feel there’s so many themes it could be
Reply 13
I am too ... I have heroism, leadership, violence, suffering, the gods or glory for possible essay titles or maybe a character question? Are there any others you thought of?
Original post by Jla244
Is there a separate chat for the verse exam on Monday? If not what text is everyone doing for that one? I’m doing Aeneid 11 for both so any potential essay titles would be appreciated as I feel there’s so many themes it could be
Original post by inkyy
I am too ... I have heroism, leadership, violence, suffering, the gods or glory for possible essay titles or maybe a character question? Are there any others you thought of?

Yeah Ive essay planned the main characters- Aeneas Camilla and Pallas so I feel if a characters questions comes up I’ll have enough detail to write about one. Ive done a few essays in class like ‘to what extent does Virgil glorify war’ and ‘is book 11 completely negative’ but apart from that’s and the themes I can’t think of anything else
Can they ask a question on Turnus or someone else largely outside the Latin verses set?
Original post by Rafi2601
Can they ask a question on Turnus or someone else largely outside the Latin verses set?

Yeah I think it’s covers the whole of book 11. But probably will be specific to the texts we’ve studied tbh
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending