Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    umm well..
    i'm 16 basically have some stuff going on in my head but i'm not sure why :confused:
    One day i'll be on top of the world and feel like i can do anything i want to achieve and then the next minute it all comes crashing down so i end up sitting in my room either crying or imagining different ways of dying. thats another thing..i keep on imagining different scenarios in which those closest to me (family, friends) die and i'm the only one that survives.
    I spend most of my time in my room...i can't talk to my parents, i want them to know all this and i want help but then if my mum asks me wats wrong i clam up and tell her to go away and then i get all mad and emotional because i can't tell her
    one minute i'm all happy, the next i'm at rock bottom - last friday it was so bad i went into town and bought 5 packets of paracetemal...and well i didn't go threw with it but evrytime i get bad i think of the paracetamel sitting in my drawer but then before i do anything...i'm all like happy again.
    i also have problems sleeping - i cnt sleep til past 1:00am and then i wake up evry hour or so and that makes me lethargic threw the day and i dnt have motivation to do things....unless i'm in a spontaneous happy mood
    i can't tell anyone any of this because i think it sounds stupid - theres no reason for me to be like this
    and well i was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same things or anything

apoligies for the essay
    i would be grateful for any advice...thanks

ReputationRep:
    from the little i know about mental illness, bipolar is an option?

ReputationRep:
    You're only 16 so it's probably just your hormones. Mostly everyone goes through it I think
    If you're still feeling this way in a few years then might be the time to get worried and maybe talk to your doctor about it or something but I doubt it is depression at this stage most likely just teenage angst

ReputationRep:
    Throw away the paracetamel before you do anything stupid.
    Why don't you write your mum a letter? You can take your time writing everything you want to, and don't have to worry about clamming up.
    Sorry you feel like this Sounds like you need a positive change in your life, something to look forward to?

First thing I would do is, when you are feeling up is bin those tablets! I've felt the same as you, up and down, although to be honest my downs aren't as bad as you.

It's good you've started to speak about it. It's the first step towards feeling better.

ReputationRep:
    If you can share it here without going ANON - then you can probably share it with someone in the real world too. My teenage years weren't great - my twenties were everything teenage years were supposed to be - i.e. great fun! Nearly every teenager goes through what you're going through except few admit it - especially after. I'm sure you're going to turn out to be a great human being - remember that. Also, the adults around you went through this too - but again won't say much about it now.

Bung the tabs - they're K -rap.

At the very least, consider this, people who you've never met - and will never meet - think you're important enough to reply to, think you're worth taking time and trouble over and want you to be happy. And care about what happens next.

ReputationRep:
    I've been through same sort of things like this especially to do with death
    Especially when i could kill myself say if i was driving and having the urge to just run the car off the road
    First thing get rid of the paracetamol itll help
    then try to talk to someone like your best mate or a parent.
    It took me quite a while to talk to my mate but when i let it out it made me feel so much better
    Hope you start to feel better soon and get over this and it definitely doesn't sound stupid

[QUOTE=Laura H]umm well..
    i'm 16 basically have some stuff going on in my head but i'm not sure why :confused:
    One day i'll be on top of the world and feel like i can do anything i want to achieve and then the next minute it all comes crashing down so i end up sitting in my room either crying or imagining different ways of dying. thats another thing..i keep on imagining different scenarios in which those closest to me (family, friends) die and i'm the only one that survives.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean, it's very strange. I got depressed a while back and found it so hard to sleep, mianly because a lack of self worth. I've still got it to a large extent but the depression has passed. I'd imagine it will for you too, but you have to give it time. If I were you I'd definatly look for some help from somewhere; confide in friends or seek professional advice.

Hope you feel better.

I've been feeling exactly the same thing that you're feeling now for the past 3 years, exactly the same.

Please please throw away the paracetamol in a skip or a bin that isn't in your house. I bought 3 packets of paracetamol once, then thought it was stupid so threw them away, and then the next day rumaged into my bin to find them and took 3/4 of them and nearly ended up in hospital.

Talk so someone about it though, it really helps. I'm the kind of person who finds it really really hard to trust anybody with my feelings and so i bottle things up. Then when the bottle overflows i do incredibly stupid things. My bf's been annoyed at me countless times for not telling him how i'm feeling and trying to do things that nobody should ever try doing to themselves. The rare times i've told people about it has made me slightly better. But what i do is i write everything down. I have a book full of scraps of paper full of writing and scribbles and rips where i've torn up letters and notes. It makes me feel a bit better inside to let it out, even if i'm not letting it out to a person.

If you want any advice feel free, i know how it feels to be trapped inside yourself thinking that nobody is the same and that nobody will understand you when you tell them how you feel, or that they will think you're a complete psycho for thinking that way.

All the best x

p.s. InvoluntarySlacker, if you're going to say stuff like that then get out of this thread. The smallest thing can be taken seriously and cause lethal harm

ReputationRep:
    You can go to the doctors if you want but I highly doubt they're going to do anything except for maybe send you to a pyschologist and even then there are long waiting lists and many people have very serious problems. Teenage depression often manifests itself in the form of aggression so I don't think you are clinically depressed
    I know it's s*** feeling the way you do but just remember it's just a phase in your life. You have people around you who care and even if you don't right now one day there will be people who care about you. You'll look back one day and wonder how you ever felt that way. Chin up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura H)
    umm well..
    One day i'll be on top of the world and feel like i can do anything i want to achieve and then the next minute it all comes crashing down so i end up sitting in my room either crying or imagining different ways of dying. thats another thing..i keep on imagining different scenarios in which those closest to me (family, friends) die and i'm the only one that survives.
    I spend most of my time in my room...i can't talk to my parents, i want them to know all this and i want help but then if my mum asks me wats wrong i clam up and tell her to go away and then i get all mad and emotional because i can't tell her
    one minute i'm all happy, the next i'm at rock bottom - last friday it was so bad i went into town and bought 5 packets of paracetemal...and well i didn't go threw with it but evrytime i get bad i think of the paracetamel sitting in my drawer but then before i do anything...i'm all like happy again.
    i also have problems sleeping - i cnt sleep til past 1:00am and then i wake up evry hour or so and that makes me lethargic threw the day and i dnt have motivation to do things....unless i'm in a spontaneous happy mood
    i can't tell anyone any of this because i think it sounds stupid - theres no reason for me to be like this
    and well i was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same things or anything

apoligies for the essay
    i would be grateful for any advice...thanks

If you have msn you can PM me for my email address

I am in the same persision as you however i'm now 2 years older.

ReputationRep:
    have you tried talking to a counsellor? you can normally get free sessions through a doctor. and its a complete stranger so you can say whatever you want in confidence it wont go anywhere and without hurting anyone.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.