The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Further Mathematics Statistics Y542/01 - 15 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

OCR A Level Further Mathematics Statistics Y542/01 - 15 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 15th June PM
Length: 1h30

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
how’s everyone feeling about this one?
After normal maths.... :/
Original post by Spiderham23
After normal maths.... :/

hahahaha true, let's hope they go easy on us - but then again knowing ocr, they're always ready with their pitchforks to torture us
just in case!
topics.jpg
good luck everyone! hope they don’t screw us over lol
How was the exam?
Okay I think! Better than the first two
Original post by Georgiaspriggs
Okay I think! Better than the first two

agreed! but giving four lines to the ppmcc hyp test was absolutely criminal
Original post by dhgflskdjh
agreed! but giving four lines to the ppmcc hyp test was absolutely criminal

They must have done it wrong because the 2 marker after that had way too may lines. They must have got them mixed surely
Original post by Georgiaspriggs
They must have done it wrong because the 2 marker after that had way too may lines. They must have got them mixed surely

yh i think so too, seeing the 10 lines for the 1 marker didn't half me a fright though! i nearly started wracking my brains for what more they could want lol
Reply 11
after talking to my friends, i think there may have been a mistake for question 7? apparently it said in the question "cumulative probability distribution" but they gave us f(x) not F(x)? i treated it like a pdf and integrated to find the cdf, and went from there. i didn't even realise the question may have said "cumulative" until one person said he was convinced of it after the exam. anyone else spot this?
What did you guys get for poisson? All of the parts
what do you guys think grade boundaries will be for f maths?
Original post by dhgflskdjh
what do you guys think grade boundaries will be for f maths?

It's hard to say at the moment, because we don't know how many A*s they are planning on handing out, but they will certainly be pretty low given how hard the core papers were. Core 1 was one of the more challenging ones Ive seen and core 2 was definitely much harder than all the past papers, but I think stats was about the same difficulty. My guess for the A* boundaries would be 55, 45-50 and 60 for core 1,2 and stats
Original post by Fr4nk1e31
It's hard to say at the moment, because we don't know how many A*s they are planning on handing out, but they will certainly be pretty low given how hard the core papers were. Core 1 was one of the more challenging ones Ive seen and core 2 was definitely much harder than all the past papers, but I think stats was about the same difficulty. My guess for the A* boundaries would be 55, 45-50 and 60 for core 1,2 and stats

Isn’t 60 very high? I thought it would be much lower cause they said it’ll be between 2019 and 2021 what do you think the A boundary will be?
Anyone remember how they did the question about the drivers? Taxi company I think
Original post by Hpandswfan
Isn’t 60 very high? I thought it would be much lower cause they said it’ll be between 2019 and 2021 what do you think the A boundary will be?

I guess it may be lower than 60, 55 probably makes more sense as that was the 2020 boundary for an A* and I'd say they were about on par in difficulty... normally the A boundary has been about 10 lower than the A*, so I'd guess 45,35-40,45
Original post by JaylinKou
Anyone remember how they did the question about the drivers? Taxi company I think

I can't remember what my answer was but I created new variables that calculated the money made based on their mileage. I also combined the variables for part b, maybe part a as well.
Original post by Fr4nk1e31
I guess it may be lower than 60, 55 probably makes more sense as that was the 2020 boundary for an A* and I'd say they were about on par in difficulty... normally the A boundary has been about 10 lower than the A*, so I'd guess 45,35-40,45

Ah okay sounds good, thankyou!

Quick Reply