Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are bags under eyes as big as this normal? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ive had big bags under my eyes for years and always look rough etc. I would cover them up if I could but what causes bags like these anyway? I get enough sleep although I sleep from 4/5am - 1pm and have done for years, it couldn't be this could it? I do exersise etc and don't do too much work Id rather get rid of them than just cover up, any advice. Is is normal to have them this big Im not unheathy as far as I know though my haemoglobin levels are borderline low but the gp said its nothing to be concerned about just improve the diet etc, is there a known cause for them apart from lack of sleep? Does anyone here have them as big as this:confused:

ReputationRep:
    My housemate has them as big as that, her Mum does as well, so I think it's a genetic thing with her.

She bought that Garnier roll on, it's worked wonders for her. You can hardly tell now.

ReputationRep:
    They dont look too bad in that photo

I know its not particularly helpful, but I think some people just suffer more than others with this problem...I'm not sure there's much you can do about it.

You could try one of the numerous creams/gels that supposedly treat them? The only other option may be corrective surgery if you really felt they were bad enough
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I generally hear that, to reduce the appearance of undereye bags: get enough sleep, drink plenty of water, try not to have too much salt. Otherwise it's just genetic and coverup is your best friend, unfortunately!

ReputationRep:
    where has your picture gone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by layla_1234)
    where has your picture gone?
    There, thought ppl has finished replying.

ReputationRep:
    No bigger than mine.
    But then I do work myself to death, and have quite crap eating and sleeping habits. xD
    Touché Eclat ftw.

ReputationRep:
    they are not saggy, just improve your life, get more day light?

ReputationRep:
    You can't get rid of them. Topical treatments will not work (especially not that ridiculous Garnier roll on people seem to be lapping up!).

Your best bet is to get yourself a really good quality concealer and resign yourself to the fact that you have them - learn to accept them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    You can't get rid of them. Topical treatments will not work (especially not that ridiculous Garnier roll on people seem to be lapping up!).

Your best bet is to get yourself a really good quality concealer and resign yourself to the fact that you have them - learn to accept them.
    Im not that bothered its more that others say I look unhealthy/pale/tired etc.

ReputationRep:
    apparantly you can get them from allergies too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluestorm)
    Im not that bothered its more that others say I look unhealthy/pale/tired etc.
    Thus the concealer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Querimonious)
    Touché Eclat ftw.
    I just bought myself some of that. It's worked wonders for me!

OP I would suggest YSL Touche Eclat. It's £22.50 but worth every penny and will last you months. I suffer from dark circles, have used loads of make up products and touche is the only one that covers them completely!

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for the replies Guess theres not much to be done then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetlovinchick2k1)
    I just bought myself some of that. It's worked wonders for me!

OP I would suggest YSL Touche Eclat. It's £22.50 but worth every penny and will last you months. I suffer from dark circles, have used loads of make up products and touche is the only one that covers them completely!
    Ah ok thanks, I'l check it out, when Ive done a bit of saving:p:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.