The Student Room Group

psychology paper 3 2022

any psychology paper 3 predictions 2022????

Scroll to see replies

for edexcel: issues and debates sherif and watson and rayner: psychological knowledge within society, ethics, psychology as a science, design and implementation and issues of social control :h:
Original post by squishpenguin
for edexcel: issues and debates sherif and watson and rayner: psychological knowledge within society, ethics, psychology as a science, design and implementation and issues of social control :h:

Do you think the Watson & Rayner and Sherif comparison will be on themes/ socially sensitive research or do you think they'll all be separate questions???
Original post by Emigrace2803
Do you think the Watson & Rayner and Sherif comparison will be on themes/ socially sensitive research or do you think they'll all be separate questions???

the socially sensitive research will be the 20 marker [not watson and rayner and sherif]
comparison of themes will be 12 marker as that is what it always is on paper 3 [not watson and rayner and sherif]
and the watson and rayner and sherif question is the things i mentioned hope that helps!!
the socially sensitive research will be the 20 marker [not watson and rayner and sherif]
comparison of themes will be 12 marker as that is what it always is on paper 3 [not watson and rayner and sherif]
and the watson and rayner and sherif question is the things i mentioned hope that helps!!

Thank you so much!! I've literally never been taught anything about paper 3 so I'm really struggling with it now. By looking at past papers it looks like the 12 markers are always linked to a scenario, so how would they use comparison using themes to link to the scenario as it seems like a really broad issue & debate so I'm nts how it would be done??
Thank you so much!! I've literally never been taught anything about paper 3 so I'm really struggling with it now. By looking at past papers it looks like the 12 markers are always linked to a scenario, so how would they use comparison using themes to link to the scenario as it seems like a really broad issue & debate so I'm nts how it would be done??

If you look at the past paper for 2019 for example, it mentions a scenario and relates it to social impact theory
How you would structure it:
Paragraph 1 and 2:
AO1 - description of a feature of social impact theory
AO2 - application of the description - apply it to the scenario
AO3 - one strength of social impact theory

Paragraph 3 and 4:
AO3 - one weakness social impact theory

Make sure your response is balanced! For example one strength for paragraph 1, another strength for paragraph 2, one weakness for paragraph 3 and another weakness for paragraph 4 [hope this helps! :smile:]
If you look at the past paper for 2019 for example, it mentions a scenario and relates it to social impact theory
How you would structure it:
Paragraph 1 and 2:
AO3 - one strength of social impact theory

Paragraph 3 and 4:
AO3 - one weakness social impact theory

Make sure your response is balanced! For example one strength for paragraph 1, another strength for paragraph 2, one weakness for paragraph 3 and another weakness for paragraph 4 [hope this helps! :smile:]

Thank you so much!! :smile:
Thank you so much!! :smile:

no problem :smile: best of luck!
Reply 8
Is anyone doing AQA? And any predictions?
Original post by lrg101
Is anyone doing AQA? And any predictions?

me. i genuinely think they can do anything considering the 16 markers haven’t been the hardest topics and there was a literal 16M on attachment
i feel like aggression could feature one, maybe issues and debates
do you have any resources that you could possibly share? my teacher left the school and we haven't ever gone through issues and debates and this is really confusing for me.
Original post by didi298389439
do you have any resources that you could possibly share? my teacher left the school and we haven't ever gone through issues and debates and this is really confusing for me.

have u not done issues and debates at all? is there any other topics u haven’t been taught
well I haven't had a teacher for a couple of months and my school never bothered finding a replacement so we haven't been taught issues and debates at all, I've managed to teach myself most of the topics but I just have a problem with issues and debates the most.
Original post by jakewatkins22
have u not done issues and debates at all? is there any other topics u haven’t been taught
do you have any resources that you could share for the issues and debates?
do you have any resources that you could share for the issues and debates?

I can take pictures of the booklet my college gave us, it’s got basically everything :smile: is there anywhere to send it to u?
yes could you send it on insta my username is
Original post by meemmeememme
I can take pictures of the booklet my college gave us, it’s got basically everything :smile: is there anywhere to send it to u?
(edited 1 year ago)
yes could you send it on insta my username is @dwanaalnoorr

It won’t let me dm u for some reason because I’m using the internet instead of the app, I requested you instead :smile:
okay okay I accepted and dm'd you
Original post by meemmeememme
It won’t let me dm u for some reason because I’m using the internet instead of the app, I requested you instead :smile:
hey, would u be able to send me the pictures of your booklet too pls? really struggling finding resources on the comparison question. my insta is xmia.obrien
Original post by mia.obrien
hey, would u be able to send me the pictures of your booklet too pls? really struggling finding resources on the comparison question. my insta is xmia.obrien

Ye sure, my battery is running low rn and I’m out so I’ll prolly send it tonight, sorry.

Quick Reply