The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A Level

Hey any tips how to learn the evaluations of each page???
Original post by Reens**
Hey any tips how to learn the evaluations of each page???

i wouldn’t just rely on the textbook evaluations
Reply 2
do you know of any specific place i can get other evaluations from?
Original post by Reens**
do you know of any specific place i can get other evaluations from?

simply psychology. tutor2u. your teacher probably has given you some of her own etc
Reply 4
thanks will look at those
I did AQA A level psychology and I’m currently studying BSc Psychology, prepping for my final year. Evaluations were always a strength of mine at A level, and it may seem super daunting but there are ways to make it easier for yourself. For a 16 mark question, as far as I remember it’s 4 evaluative points. There’s almost always something you can say about validity and reliability. And if any study you’re evaluating is a meta-analysis/literature review, then you can get a double whammy of an evaluation for it as these are collective pieces of academic work reviewing literature in the surrounding area and assessing their quality, however, there’s a lot publication bias involved in meta analyses. If you do some reading on research methods, you’ll familiarise yourself with many standard evaluative points which you can apply anywhere, such as the file-drawer problem (the tendency for journals to publish significant results and not publish non significant results, thus there are often gaps in literature due to this bias, as there is a misrepresentation in evidence) and for specific evaluation points, just pick apart the studies and look for their flaws. Ethical evaluations are great for a lot of the content in the social psychology module (paper 1 was it?) Happy to DM you
Reply 6
this is so useful thanks
Reply 7
do you need to know names of researchers for evaluative research or can you just say one researcher?
Original post by Reens**
do you need to know names of researchers for evaluative research or can you just say one researcher?

I’d say only for the big ones, like loftus & palmer, Gazzaniga & Gazzaniga, Meltzoff & Moore, Haney et al (remember it’s not zimbardo et al, this is where a lot of people stumble bc they think he was the main author of the study paper), Milgram, etc etc ygm? You don’t need to know them ALL, as long as you know the main ones for each topic, and the ones that are specifically in the spec ur good to go. Learning researchers names honestly isn’t that hard, the more you revise it just sticks to you. But as far as I remember you don’t need to remember dates and such. But have a rough idea of which research is ‘old’ and which research is ‘new’, as then for ‘older’ research (if relevant) you can make an evaluative point about temporal validity :smile:
Reply 9
makes sense thanks sm :smile:

Quick Reply