The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Geography Paper 2 - 2022

This poll is closed

What mark do you think you achieved? (Be Honest)

0-200%
20-400%
40-500%
50-6043%
60-7029%
70-8014%
80-900%
90-10514%
Total votes: 7
How do you feel the exam went?
Awfully. I didn't even answer the maths question, a 6 marker and an 8 marker.
also I didn't properly answer any of the 12/20 markers and instead just wrote about case studies (I stupidly did the same in Paper 1).
I'm not going to get into university now and I don't know what to do.
Reply 2
Personally I think this paper was easier than paper 1. But one of the questions (12 marker) about political tensions or something on the rising demand of emerging countries had me think a lot. I mentioned how the increased demand of oil could lead to political tensions for emerging countries and I can't really remember what else I wrote.What else did you guys write for that question?
Reply 3
I found it was a reasonably easy question. I structured mine through case studies by the South and East China Sea, the Arctic and Russia/Ukraine, focussing on how resources are a key driver to conflict between all parties involved with reference to hard and soft power too. Which case studies did you refer to?
Original post by Liv1354
I found it was a reasonably easy question. I structured mine through case studies by the South and East China Sea, the Arctic and Russia/Ukraine, focussing on how resources are a key driver to conflict between all parties involved with reference to hard and soft power too. Which case studies did you refer to?

I said this too - UNCLOS/EEZ tensions over the Arctic, tensions over Spratly islands in the South China Sea and then tensions over oil in the Middle East
Original post by RochLouG
Awfully. I didn't even answer the maths question, a 6 marker and an 8 marker.
also I didn't properly answer any of the 12/20 markers and instead just wrote about case studies (I stupidly did the same in Paper 1).
I'm not going to get into university now and I don't know what to do.

do you remember the 12 and 20 im resting and think it would be good revision

Quick Reply