The Student Room Group

What do I have to study for A Level Edexcel Psychology Paper 3? HELPPP

Okay so i'm confused as to what paper 3 entitles. So there's issues and debates from PAPER 1 Classic Studies. Do we just focus on the classic studies? from paper 1 and not from paper 2? What about research methods... is it everything in the specification?
Original post by bubblyoongles
Okay so i'm confused as to what paper 3 entitles. So there's issues and debates from PAPER 1 Classic Studies. Do we just focus on the classic studies? from paper 1 and not from paper 2? What about research methods... is it everything in the specification?

not to worry, you've got plenty of time to get acquainted with paper 3. From papers 1 and 2, we know that Edexcel has only used the advanced information so I'd only look at the key question from 'Topic 1 and Topic 4' for me that's Sheriffs Robbers cave and Little Alberts study. Any research method can come up from the original full specification for paper 3. With issues and debates its tricky to explain, hopefully, your teachers have given you the rundown for what each issue and debate is e.g methodoly or nature/nurture. from there just use the spec. Also socially sensiive reasearch is a big one to learn, (its mentioned on the advanced spec). Good luck.
oh that's it. that makes me feel so much better. thank you so much!! Best of luck for your paper! xx

Original post by lol7.86x
not to worry, you've got plenty of time to get acquainted with paper 3. From papers 1 and 2, we know that Edexcel has only used the advanced information so I'd only look at the key question from 'Topic 1 and Topic 4' for me that's Sheriffs Robbers cave and Little Alberts study. Any research method can come up from the original full specification for paper 3. With issues and debates its tricky to explain, hopefully, your teachers have given you the rundown for what each issue and debate is e.g methodoly or nature/nurture. from there just use the spec. Also socially sensiive reasearch is a big one to learn, (its mentioned on the advanced spec). Good luck.

Quick Reply