Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegallyBlonde2.0)
    Some of you suggested that attending presentations is pointless. I knew that those who said that were arrogant loosers.
    I went to all of them and an MD of a prestigeous BB at one of those presentations was so impressed by moi that she put me into their spring program. I am very proud of myself, after one month at uni I secured a place at a BB.

The moral of the story is that you need to take every opportunity to network with IB people at uni because one of the reasons why they come down is to spot talents.

btw this is the second time I proved President_ Ben wrong. First was my research ability.

So is there anyone else who made the maximum out of the presentations?
    What were your experiences of this year's BB events?
    What did you learn?
    omgz teh spring week.

ReputationRep:
    Some of you suggested that attending presentations is pointless. I knew that those who said that were arrogant loosers.
    I went to all of them and an MD of a prestigeous BB at one of those presentations was so impressed by moi that she put me into their spring program. I am very proud of myself, after one month at uni I secured a place at a BB.

The moral of the story is that you need to take every opportunity to network with IB people at uni because one of the reasons why they come down is to spot talents.

btw this is the second time I proved President_ Ben wrong. First was my research ability.

What did you learn?
    Well done on getting onto the programme. But if I were you, I'd stay grounded: spring internships are BS, getting onto them is not, in my view, a reliable proxy for talent/ability.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. This made my day. You're messed up. Genuinely.

ReputationRep:
    And you know what the saddest thing is - I think I know you.

ReputationRep:

What did you learn?
    Which BB ?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    GS, MS, Citi or JPM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_A_T_E)
    And you know what the saddest thing is - I think I know you.
    what's her name?

ReputationRep:
    LOL! This is brilliant.

Can I call a shotgun on the movie rights?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slotcars12)
    GS, MS, Citi or JPM?
    Obviously Lehman Brothers.

ReputationRep:
    calm down legally blonde, anything can happen, your spring week bank may be gone by the time it comes round to spring

ReputationRep:
    Hardly a brilliant achievement. The MD has hardly jumped over any barriers to get you into a week of presentations and work shadowing. All it took was an email to HR.

Get yourself an internship out of it as a first year, then more people may be impressed.

ReputationRep:
    I like all this attention. I really miss President_Bans telling me off now.
    I think that after reading your highly conceitful, and *******, post he died laughing...

ReputationRep:
    I like all this attention. I really miss President_Bans telling me off now.

Did anyone secured a spring week place earlier than I did then ? (on a presentation two weeks after the start of the first year)

You guys wrote on tsr that spring week placements are good ways of getting into the summer internship the year after which eventually lead to a grad place offer which is the only way of getting into IB nowadays.
    it isn't the only way. i won't be interning where i did a spring week. It helps - but it doesn't guarantee anything. It only gets you the next interview. Well done for getting it, now try and get another one and develop the other skill's you need.

ReputationRep:
    Re-read what he said. I hear reading what is actually written, rather than what you want to see, is a useful skill - for life!

The original thread said that the presentations were something to treat very cynically. PB came in and said that people were being too cynical, forgetting that those who can demonstrate high value, do get seen - and I believed finished his post with something typically 'PB' like...

"What else are you doing in the evening anyway?"

That he later humiliated you for I believe, sending him PMs asking if he was 'attractive' upon finding out he is a prop derivs trader - is everything to do with you, and nothing at all to really do with him. Or your Jewish SEO thread

ReputationRep:
    well done...impressive stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think she is boasting. she is just trying prove a point to President ben.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jibzy)
    I dont think she is boasting. she is just trying prove a point to President ben.
    What point? She hasn't even read what he said correctly

She just has a grudge on being turned down so harshly.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.