Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd like a nice red coat for winter, preferably short (just down to the hips). Has anyone seen any nice ones on the high street?

ReputationRep:
    I saw one in Style magazine today from Topshop for £80.

I've seen a nice one in BHS (cheaper and the quality's likely to be better) and Next have a lot of coloured coats in - I've seen purple and blue, not sure if they have red but they probably have!

Wallis and Tesco are also worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    They had them near the window of Matalan when I walked past last night (I only remember them because I was thinking of the killer dwarf from Don't Look Now) 'course as a bloke with absolutely no fashion sense, that doesn't mean they are any good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    I saw one in Style magazine today from Topshop for £80.

I've seen a nice one in BHS (cheaper and the quality's likely to be better) and Next have a lot of coloured coats in - I've seen purple and blue, not sure if they have red but they probably have!

Wallis and Tesco are also worth a shot.
    I tried that exact same coat from Topshop yesterday and how they can charge £80 for it is beyond me, it's just made out of cheap material and really badly cut.

ReputationRep:
    Tesco (Y)

H&m

ReputationRep:
    Zara!!

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...6694&langId=-1

Looks like a nice style too.

ReputationRep:
    uniqlo
    they dont appear to have red on the website, but they definitely have it in store

ReputationRep:
    I think mine came from H&M :hmmmm2: My sister bought it for herself and decided she doesn't want it anymore so she gave it to me. It's knee-length though, and cost £70 :s: I love it :p:

I saw a red winter jacket in Tesco the other day. Can't remember how much it was, though, sorry :>.<:

ReputationRep:
    Have a look in Debenhams. I've spotted quite a few today.

ReputationRep:
    I got a very nice emerald green coat from H and M for £19.99 and they did it in red too.

It's not nessessarily the warmest coat though, I won't be using it for December - January... Well, I probalbly will lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostphotobooth)
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...6694&langId=-1

Looks like a nice style too.
    Ooo now I do like that.
    Thanks for all your advice guys, will check out some of the shops you've mentioned x

ReputationRep:
    Bay reduced from 40 to 20 at the mo. its red redd and mid length and snuggly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydiee)
    Tesco (Y)
    :yep: :love:

I saw that, it's really nice. Can't say I'm not tempted!

ReputationRep:
    Primark had a really nice bright red peacoat type style, about a month ago when I was shopping for uni stuff... it's probably still there, was about £12 and loads of people have commented on how "cute" it is, looks more expensive, nice and warm and has a really cute bow on the back

ReputationRep:
    this maybe? http://www.stylefinder.com/items/default.aspx?id=110572

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hisoo)
    I tried that exact same coat from Topshop yesterday and how they can charge £80 for it is beyond me, it's just made out of cheap material and really badly cut.
    I hate Topshop! It shocks me how crazily expensive they are, everything there is so horribly cheap-looking and badly made. You get the occasional thing that looks nice in a magazine though - but not in the shop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    I hate Topshop! It shocks me how crazily expensive they are, everything there is so horribly cheap-looking and badly made. You get the occasional thing that looks nice in a magazine though - but not in the shop!
    Same! Used to love the place but now just think of it as the arse-end of the High street. :yep:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.