AQA A Level Computer Science Paper 1 (options A to E) 7517/1 - 13 Jun 2022 Exam Chat

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the exam go for you?
Great! (21)
26.58%
Quite well (19)
24.05%
Not so good (24)
30.38%
Terrible! (15)
18.99%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

AQA A Level Computer Science Paper 1 (options A to E) 7517/1 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 13th June PM
Length: 2h30

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
forehead349208
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Couldnt find one for AQA computer science here
Dylan1805
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What do you guys predict the coding questions are going to be? I reckon one for saving the game to file and one to check number inputted is between 1 and 5.
dheer1
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dylan1805)
What do you guys predict the coding questions are going to be? I reckon one for saving the game to file and one to check number inputted is between 1 and 5.
idk but ngl im kinda shook for whatever the 13 mark code is gonna be
dheer1
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by forehead349208)
theres a few abt the preliminary material
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by forehead349208)
Made one and merged yours in Good luck!
Moziph
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
here's a useful website for all the skeleton code information and possible questions on it if you haven't seen it already: https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-le...n_program/2022
satinpothos
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
what do u think the section C questions will be about??
Moziph
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
just general computer sciencey questions about the code such as:
State the datatype used for __Locks
State how many difficulty cards are generated when the game is run
State the name of a method in the Breakthrough class that uses exception handling
the link I just sent has some of them
Moziph
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How is everybody revising for this exam? does anyone know good resources with practice questions or just study material on CS?
naash_123
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How much time should be allocated to each section given the number of marks they have?

I struggle with time management and tend to spend too long on one section.

Also, does anyone have the answers to the Wikibooks section C questions
chickennugget04
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
-
(Original post by Dylan1805)
definitely agree! saving the game could be the 13 marker because you would need to edit quite a few different places as well as creating the actual saving method. i think something about consecutive tool types could come up. have u done the zigzag questions? the mulligan and peek ones are good practice.
Last edited by chickennugget04; 1 month ago
chickennugget04
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by naash_123)
How much time should be allocated to each section given the number of marks they have?

I struggle with time management and tend to spend too long on one section.

Also, does anyone have the answers to the Wikibooks section C questions
it says on the paper! from memory it suggests 70min for section d not sure about the rest. i usually speed through first three sections so i have as much time as possible for section d.
OliPrevett
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
anyone have suggestions for how to thoroughly prepare for this ? i'm really unsure as to how i can prepare for sections B, C, and D - i've seen predicted q's, just wondering if anyone has any other methods they are using ?
AdiR
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Any last minute advice on how to actually reivse for paper 1?
Dylan1805
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chickennugget04)
-

definitely agree! saving the game could be the 13 marker because you would need to edit quite a few different places as well as creating the actual saving method. i think something about consecutive tool types could come up. have u done the zigzag questions? the mulligan and peek ones are good practice.
Yeah I've done the zigzag ones over the past few days - that's why i reckon the saving one could be the 13 marker too. Other than that it could also be something like creating a new card cause of the complexity of creating a new class with 2 constructors and having overridde methods
Luke Scovell
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Is there anywhere that has predicted questions for section A? I understand B would be very hard to predict and wikibooks has predictions for C and D. Wondering why I can't find predicted questions for A since the EAD has been out a while
dontworry7884
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I really need some quick way to revise for it cuz i only just started and maths paper 2 is om tuesday which i think i should revise for more, does anyone bave any ideas on what algorithms or traversals could come up in section A
Moziph
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't think anyone actually knows how to revise for this paper XD
Moziph
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
where can I find the EAD?

(Original post by Luke Scovell)
Is there anywhere that has predicted questions for section A? I understand B would be very hard to predict and wikibooks has predictions for C and D. Wondering why I can't find predicted questions for A since the EAD has been out a while
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
70.41%
In the post (3)
3.06%
Text (13)
13.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.27%

Watched Threads