Turn on thread page Beta

Hair Between Eyebrows / Monobrow watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have this problem that i have quite a bit of hair between my eyebrows and its forming a monobrow and i was wondering whats the best way to get rid of it

i cant shave it as it will grow back and leave stuble which is really embarrising
    i cant pluck it it will still come back and theres alot to pluck making it sore lol
    i dont have any hair removing cream

please help me by posting your methods / views.

ReputationRep:
    shave it!!

ReputationRep:
    wax strip.
    cut according to size.
    smooth down along the same direction as hair growth, hold and with one quick movement pull away, in the opposite direction to hair growth.

ReputationRep:
    if you keep waxing, the hair will get less coarse, and will eventually either get really fine so it can't be seen, or will not grow back

ReputationRep:
    Pluck, it doesn't hurt after a couple of weeks cos u get used to it, thats what I do.

ReputationRep:
    plucking it won't make it grow back too fast, your skin will get used to it, too. You'll sneeze a little but use moisturiser and let it cool down a bit and it'll stop being sore.

ReputationRep:
    go to a place where they thread eyebrows that don't hurt.

let someone sort it out for a fiver lol

ReputationRep:
    ive got the same problem as you, im trying to ignore mine for as long as possible

ReputationRep:
    I pluck mine to buggery every 3 weeks usually, seems to work!

Otherwise go to a place that does eyebrow shaping

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a major monobrow.
    I basically shave it at the same time I do the rest of my face - it's just part of my routine now.
    Every now and then you'll have to pluck it to keep your eyebrows even at the bridge of your nose - the worst thing is to have uneven eyebrows :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myotherone)
    ive got the same problem as you, im trying to ignore mine for as long as possible
    You should NEVER ignore a monobrow. Us girls always notice them, so you should never ignore it. I couldn't date a guy if he had a monobrow, until he'd either let me sort it out for him, or he went to a beautician and got it threaded/waxed/plucked.

Plucking is absolutely fine. You will have to keep it up every couple of weeks, but surely it's worth it? No one likes a monobrow. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Electrolysis - like the Rio Hair Removal System it kills the hair from the root resulting in near permanent hair removal it does take time and a couple of try to work.

It worked for me as I had the same problem plus it's not expensive.

You can buy it at Argos.

ReputationRep:
    It'll come back whatever you do. I'd pluck it, it'll hurt less every time you do it.

ReputationRep:
    put some bonjela on the place where the hairs are, and then pluck them, nummmb.

tbh I've plucked my eyebrows since I was like 13 or something, and it's never really hurt. Make sure your skin is taught if you want it to hurt less.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice but im 16 17 in 2 days and to go to a place that would fix them would just be ulti embarising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SD111)
    thanks for the advice but im 16 17 in 2 days and to go to a place that would fix them would just be ulti embarising.
    I first went to my eyebrow shaping woman when I was 15, it'snot embarrassing and beauticians are always lovely

ReputationRep:
    pluck it, I do mine and my fellas, if there is one thing I can't on him it is a monobrow

ReputationRep:
    Just pluck it, it's really not that painful.

ReputationRep:
    Thread or wax it

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.