The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Psychology Paper 3 7182/3 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level Psychology Paper 3 exam go for you?

AQA A Level Psychology Paper 3 7182/3 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 16th June AM
Length: 2h

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

how many 16 markers do people think there will be? my teacher said probs 2 as they normally only do 6 altogether
Original post by astudent..
how many 16 markers do people think there will be? my teacher said probs 2 as they normally only do 6 altogether

i think 2 becuase they have a total of 6 16 markers in each paper
There is likely to be a 16 marker on media influence on aggression.
guys y'know the interactionist model for schizophrenia? because it includes genetics and environment, are u gonna learn biological explanations for schizophrenia anyway, even though its not on the advanced info?
Original post by jheath04
guys y'know the interactionist model for schizophrenia? because it includes genetics and environment, are u gonna learn biological explanations for schizophrenia anyway, even though its not on the advanced info?

no
Original post by Berkant04
There is likely to be a 16 marker on media influence on aggression.

why do you think so? it wouldn’t surprise me either
Reply 7
Original post by jakewatkins22
why do you think so? it wouldn’t surprise me either

in the 2021 paper, the aggression 16 marker was on biological explanations for aggression meaning it's unlikely to come up again this year making media influences more likely to be the 16 marker if there is one for aggression
Original post by _b26
in the 2021 paper, the aggression 16 marker was on biological explanations for aggression meaning it's unlikely to come up again this year making media influences more likely to be the 16 marker if there is one for aggression

true. do you think it’ll be on media influences (computer games, films etc) or explanations like cognitive priming, desensitisation, disinhibition etc
what were the 2021 16 markers (if there were any) in schizophrenia, issues & debates and relationships?
how would u write a 16 mark essay on ethics and social sensitivity for issues and debates? there’s no evaluation for it, just discussion 🤨
i need help for media influences with agression. how do you know whether to discuss computer games etc, or about desensitisation etc
I jus did a question on "the role of media influences in aggression", i assumed it was ab computer games and banduras study but the mark scheme just talked ab desensitisation and the others more
Original post by SamRands123
what were the 2021 16 markers (if there were any) in schizophrenia, issues & debates and relationships?

16 marker for schizophrenia was an ao2 on family therapy and cbt
Original post by mayasxxx123
i need help for media influences with agression. how do you know whether to discuss computer games etc, or about desensitisation etc
I jus did a question on "the role of media influences in aggression", i assumed it was ab computer games and banduras study but the mark scheme just talked ab desensitisation and the others more

i think you just do any but prioritise computer games. however computer games are named on the spec so they can directly ask u about cg’s
Does anyone have predictions for relationships topics ?????
16 mark and 8 mark Predictions (could be wrong but I did the same for paper 1/2 and it worked well) on topics: Issues and debates, gender, stress and addiction

higher quality images:
https://imgur.com/rWzSZrW
https://imgur.com/AvuubzF

16 mark for Issues, gender, stress and ADCN.png8 mark prediction for, issues, gender, stress and ADCN.png
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by SamRands123

The interactionist approach came up as a 16 marker so I don't think it will come up this year.
Does anyone have any predictions for what could come up for relationships please???
You know for the issues and debates when you link the explanations to an approach for example humanistic to idiographic that is A01 right ?
For cognition and development, is mirror neurones included as an explanation for autism?
Reply 19
Original post by jakewatkins22
true. do you think it’ll be on media influences (computer games, films etc) or explanations like cognitive priming, desensitisation, disinhibition etc

i'm not quite sure but i'm hoping it is on explanations because if it is just media influences (like violent media and games) then it may be phrased as "Discuss research conducted on media influences on aggression" which means research for ao1 and then evaluating the studies for ao3 which is not my favourite type of question

Quick Reply