The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Psychology Paper 3 7182/3 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Student5cience
You know for the issues and debates when you link the explanations to an approach for example humanistic to idiographic that is A01 right ?

that would be ao1 as you're using the humanistic approach as an example
@_b26 thx
Original post by -Xtremeous-
16 mark and 8 mark Predictions (could be wrong but I did the same for paper 1/2 and it worked well) on topics: Issues and debates, gender, stress and addiction

higher quality images:
https://imgur.com/rWzSZrW
https://imgur.com/Avuubz
16 mark for Issues, gender, stress and ADCN.png8 mark prediction for, issues, gender, stress and ADCN.png

Hi I can't see image what have you predicted for issues and debates ??
Original post by Diamond111
Hi I can't see image what have you predicted for issues and debates ??

Idiographic vs Nomothetic approaches in psychological research
Original post by -Xtremeous-
Idiographic vs Nomothetic approaches in psychological research

I really hope it is that and do u have any prediction of what the other 16 marker could be on, I really hope it's on relationships.
Reply 25
Guys, any advice? I can't finish my exams in time.
Original post by R.c.c.
Guys, any advice? I can't finish my exams in time.

advice I heard someone give but personally I don't follow, do the 16 markers first then complete the rest of the sections. what I do is spend 30 mins on each section sometimes it takes less time to do 1 sections tho. when 30 muns is over just move on this was u are getting to each section. if u have time left go over the parts which u need to.
For issues and debates I’m struggling so much on how to structure ethical implication questions does anybody have an essay plan for it or a model answer because I legit do not know what goes into AO1 or AO3
Original post by Mas34HH
For issues and debates I’m struggling so much on how to structure ethical implication questions does anybody have an essay plan for it or a model answer because I legit do not know what goes into AO1 or AO3

I have an essay play for it :smile:, do u have essay plant for schizophrenia bc I'm in real need for them.
Original post by ChemBioPsych1335
I have an essay play for it :smile:, do u have essay plant for schizophrenia bc I'm in real need for them.

No I just have Notes right now unfortunately.
my revision consists of making essay plans from them but I haven’t got on to schizophrenia yet.
Original post by Mas34HH
No I just have Notes right now unfortunately.
my revision consists of making essay plans from them but I haven’t got on to schizophrenia yet.

the exam is tomorrow r u planning on making essay plans for it today? I really need some good schizophrenia ones tho, also do u have ones for aggression bc I need that one aswell.
(edited 1 year ago)
Do we have to know if approaches fall into nomothetic/idiographic or free will/determinism for the paper?
Original post by ChemBioPsych1335
I really hope it is that and do u have any prediction of what the other 16 marker could be on, I really hope it's on relationships.

I don't study "relationships" sorry, but you should have access to papers from 2017-2021 to be able to look at all the previous ones to predict.
I wouldn't get too caught up in predicting anyways it's just a helpful insight being able to understand the content fully is more important
(edited 1 year ago)
for AO1 i'd do
- ethics in socially sensitive, ethics in the research process & maybe risk benefit ratio or privacy

then for AO3 i'd talk about
- wider impact of research, inadequacy of current guidelines, disadvantaging marginalised groups & the issues with avoiding socially sensitive research
Original post by Mas34HH
Original post by Berkant04
There is likely to be a 16 marker on media influence on aggression.

On computer games or the disinhibition stuff?
Reply 35
GUYS do we need to know a03 for each of the neural mechanisms in aggression???
Original post by Diamond111
On computer games or the disinhibition stuff?

yeah! although would u guys structure the essay like, with computer games separate to desensitisation etc?
Original post by liv.sjones
for AO1 i'd do
- ethics in socially sensitive, ethics in the research process & maybe risk benefit ratio or privacy

then for AO3 i'd talk about
- wider impact of research, inadequacy of current guidelines, disadvantaging marginalised groups & the issues with avoiding socially sensitive research

how would you expand on the issues with avoiding socially sensitive research?
Reply 38
Original post by Endel555
Do we have to know if approaches fall into nomothetic/idiographic or free will/determinism for the paper?

pretty sure we do as you would use the approaches as examples in your AO1 paragraphs
Original post by _b26
pretty sure we do as you would use the approaches as examples in your AO1 paragraphs

Yeah you need to embed an example with an approach, so:
An example of an idiographic approach is Humanistic psychology this is bc they Interested in documenting conscious experience of the individual rather than producing general laws of behaviour.

For nomothetic approach memory would be example as it establishes universal laws.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending