The Student Room Group

MSC Quantity Surveying - Distance Learning

Hi,

I am thinking of a career change from accounting to quantity surveying. Having graduated with a degree in accounting, I am now looking for a postgrad in QS but would like to do it online due to currently being in full time job.

I have looked at few options and not sure which Uni to go with from the following:

Oxford brookes
Nothumbria
UCEM

I would really appreciate an input about the level of support you receive from the universities on this course. Any one else recently completed MSC conversion course and would like to share a success story about a career change?

Thanks
Do you work in quantity surveying at the moment?
Reply 2
No, I am not.
Why not get a job first? You may find an employer who will pay for your masters, or learn more about what interests you.
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Why not get a job first? You may find an employer who will pay for your masters, or learn more about what interests you.

That would be the priority but it seems most jobs require QS degree for graduate roles; however, I am still looking. In the meantime, I would like to secure a place for MSc.
I am currently a QS degree apprenticeship student at UCEM. ngl it is perfect for me - the flexibility and the online setup is so helpful especially when you are balancing with work. I would definitely recommend trying to get employed (with day release to do your MSC conversion) as even as a MSC grad you may struggle to find work and generally the companies that offer a apprenticeship/graduate program are the ones you want to work for (better pay,benefits,support, career progression)
Reply 6
Original post by dancfc4444
I am currently a QS degree apprenticeship student at UCEM. ngl it is perfect for me - the flexibility and the online setup is so helpful especially when you are balancing with work. I would definitely recommend trying to get employed (with day release to do your MSC conversion) as even as and generally the companies that offer a apprenticeship/graduate program are the ones you want to work for (better pay,benefits,support, career progression)

That’s good to hear. Priority is to get employed before commencing any qualifications. Have you started your apprenticeship after A-levels or you’re changing career?Not sure if age or coming from a different industry could adversely affect my chances of securing an apprenticeship position.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending