Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, plse keep anon or delete,
    My long term gf had ditched me, I’m sorting come to terms with the breakup although I still care for her immensely a lot the main reason was because she felt she needed a change and wanted to life out her youth. Lately her behaviour from what pple have told me has been quite shocking which had recently prompted me to talk to her about her actions.

    Whats of more concern, is that she had been seeing her ex during our relationship, although I didn’t know this at the time – but this just started when he’s come out of jail and so forth. I already know shes slept with him etc and the main reason for their breakup was because he was quite violent –towards her etc, and was incarcerated for stealing etc…He’s just moved near our uni to be with her…Recently I saw that she had been self-harming again and there were bruises, which can only make think of one thing,… I talked to her about it and she burst out crying but didn’t want to go any deeper and walked off.

    She’s recently started smoking and become much more promiscuous, which she used to always disapprove of esp, by the fact that her Father and grandma are dying from smoke related causes etc
    I was just wondering what I should do regarding the situation

    This is a horrible situation to be in. You obviously still care a lot for your ex but I dont think theres a lot you can do. if you had proof that her current boyfriend was abusing her then you could go to the police and report him but you dont have proof of it. She's obviously having a rough time of it and doesn't feel like she can talk to anyone. Talking to you may be uncomfortable with the situation but I would urge her to talk to someone she trusts about how she is feeling....
    Thats all I can really say.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.