The Student Room Group

Warwick vs Cranfield

I have an offer from Cranfield University for MSc Strategic Marketing and University of Warwick for MSc Business with Marketing. Which one do you think I should choose considering the fact that I am an international student and would like to work in the UK after my graduation.
Original post by Sanarah
I have an offer from Cranfield University for MSc Strategic Marketing and University of Warwick for MSc Business with Marketing. Which one do you think I should choose considering the fact that I am an international student and would like to work in the UK after my graduation.

Hi Sanarah,

I’m glad we’ve made your top-two for university choices! I’ll link my original thread where I speak about rankings, course relevance, industry links and sponsored thesis projects, international class profile, professional accreditation, and more here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=97220003&highlight=

Have you spoken to any of our current marketing students? We have several doing the course you are considering, who can be contacted here:
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/ambassador-chat
Just filter ‘Area of study’ by ‘MSc in Strategic Marketing’ to find them. I’m sure they would be happy to share their experiences of the course, and of Cranfield as a whole!

As I spoke in my pervious post a lot about your course specifically, I’ll focus now more on Cranfield as a whole, and what it can offer.

The Careers and Employability Service has such a huge range of areas of expertise, and therefore can help you in so many different ways. They can help in business development, if that is something you’re interested in (or may be in the future), or help you land your dream job by improving your CV, interview skills, salary negotiations, company visits, and their support is tailored to you in 1:1 sessions. Check out more they can offer here:
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/som/career-development-service

Cranfield is also postgraduate-only, making it easier for you to network with those who can be valuable links in the future, and a great support network of friends while you’re here 😊

Cranfield also hosts many unique CV-building opportunities. For example, Unilever has posted a challenge annually through the past few years, to groups of students to solve real-world business problems through innovative thinking! This give students the experience to work with a huge name in industry, make contacts, and build your CV… Not to mention the cash prizes of up to £7,000! Read about the winners here:
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/press/news-2021/unilever-innovation-competition-awards-students-7000

Cranfield, as a highly multinational university, has many amazing clubs and societies, that can allow you to immerse yourself in UK culture with new friends, and also celebrate your own and new cultures while you’re here. For example, the Indian society hosted a Holi celebration this year, and the Islamic society has organised celebrations for Eid, as well as gatherings within the Turkish and Chinese Societies. If this isn’t for you, you could join a sports club (like rugby, cricket, football, tennis, etc.), or a hobby club (e.g. Tabletop Society, musicians Society, etc). or further enhance your CV (e.g. with the Women in Leadership Scoeity, the Green Team, or by getting involved with organising one of these amazing groups). There’s a full list of clubs and societies here:
https://mycsa.org.uk/clubs-and-societies/clubs-societies-cranfield-campus/

Are you interested in any particular aspects of the course, have a specific career path in mind, or want any more information about Cranfield?
If so, please feel free to drop any questions below and I’ll do my best to answer them!

Good luck with your decision!
Ciara
2nd year Agrifood PhD student
Cranfield Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by Sanarah

No brainer - WBS is far more reputed. The biggest challenge Cranfield SM graduates face is that the Cranfield SOM is not known to most recruiters, in my experience (you may independently confirm this from the current and past students). For the same/similar fee, WBS/WMG offers a much better value and a well-recognised brand for life. Also, getting into WBS is very tough compared to Cranfield SOM - this translates into a better overall cohort of students and a great learning experience. Having spoken to many friends who graduated from Warwick, I learnt that there are many regular guest sessions conducted by leaders working in large organisations - something you may miss at Cranfield, unless things have changed. I do not think anybody should choose the Cranfield SM MSc course over WBS Marketing MSc. Regarding getting a job in the UK, it will not matter which of these two universities you go to. For the overall value and your learning experience, WBS is better. For further insight, please look at a) Graduate outcomes b) The Acceptance rate, of both the schools.

Quick Reply