Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so what drug (if any) was he on? Watch

anon because my older sister uses TSR and i told her i was going to my friend's sleepover yesterday evening.

anyway, this is a really quick question! i went to a house party last night and there was a guy there. and he pretty much had no idea about personal space. he would be talking to me and his face would literally be about 5cms from mine. he was also really hyper and twitchy, as well as touchy feely (i.e. if you went in for a hug he'd also try to kiss you). he was a pretty funny guy but i'm just curious about if he was on anything.
    just wondering, what drug could he have been on (if any)? or is this description wayyy too vague to tell?

thanks for any replies!

maybe he is like that normally?

ReputationRep:
    maybe he fancied you?
    however if you have to go foer drug, id say alcohol :yep:

ReputationRep:
    touchy feely would suggest ecstasy but tbh its far more likely that he is just normally like that and quite possibly was drunk which would account for the personal space invasion, don't think too much about it really he was probably just really drunk and trying his luck.

ReputationRep:
    touchy feely would probably be MDMA

ReputationRep:
    ecstasy...probably just drunk/into you though.

ReputationRep:
    MDMA, without a shade of a doubt. Oooh, that serotonin rush. Very few things in life will compare.

However it could also be speed. Generally any drug in the amphetamine/phenethylamine family. If his eyes were jittering then it would be MDMA. Usually the jaw clenches and grinds and they look bug-eyed and sweaty as ****. Pupils will be dilated to around 130% of the original size and the iris tends to get bigger. The thing is however, intense attraction and nervousness will produce the exact same effects to a lesser degree. If he was on speed then his jaw would be grinding and he'd be a sexually charged beast. It really depends how long he was like that, more than 45 minutes = MDMA and less = speed, coke, meth, etc.

People on MDMA are ******* hilarious to watch and be with.

ReputationRep:
    Twitchy and jumpy; MDMA or ecstasy (almost the same think tbh).

ReputationRep:
    Who the **** drops an E at an house party?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Cocaine or MDMA, but as the person above me said who the **** drops E at a house party?!

sounds like this MDMA thing (what does that stand for?)
    he was so funny though! cracking some hilarious jokes. didn't find out his name though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.C.M.)

:confused: Why wouldn't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misogynist)
    I'd say Cocaine or MDMA, but as the person above me said who the **** drops E at a house party?!
    No I don't think it's coke; could be, but that wears of really quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    sounds like this MDMA thing (what does that stand for?)
    he was so funny though! cracking some hilarious jokes. didn't find out his name though...
    Methylenedioxymethamphetamine :cool:

(Original post by Jehuty^)
    Methylenedioxymethamphetamine :cool:
    woahh.
    is it the same as ecstacy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    :confused: Why wouldn't you?
    Not really the scene tbh, he was probably just drunk.

ReputationRep:
    my mates all do their stuff at house parties or free houses. it's just better to enjoy than when out out?

ReputationRep:
    Not really the scene tbh, he was probably just drunk.
    Every house party I've been to has people on 'E'...

ReputationRep:
    woahh.
    Yes. Ecstacy is it's 'street' name.

If it was the first time you'd met this guy then there's really no way to tell for sure.

ReputationRep:
    woahh.
    MDMA is the pure shizz. Ecstasy is supposed to be MDMA but generally what is sold as E tends to be a dangerous cocktail in the UK. Usually BZP (which is legal) or something like 20% MDMA + 30% speed and a lot of starch (in pills). The crystallised stuff is MDMA in its naked form.

As for cracking jokes, that would be an innate part of his personality. It could also be cannabis.

MDMA at a house party, is that supposed to be strange? Where the **** else are you going to take it, in a crack den? :rolleyes:

Clubbing with it tends to lean more on the abuse side of things.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.