Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so what drug (if any) was he on? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    fake? the feeling you get when your on pill for instance is certainly not fake. you get this exciting, warm, joyousness feeling deep down inside and when you look over and see some of your best mates feeling exactly the same, its absolutely incredible. i dont like to say it but i am yet to find anything else that comes close to that feeling without using drugs. and whats really annoying me now is that when i use the word 'drug' its immediately thought of as a bad thing. and thats mostly due to the media telling us that. but when you experience these chemicals, what they do and how they do it. you really see them for what they are. a vehicle to making you feel totally amazing. but ofcourse theres the negatives, and in practice they are very slight, unfortunately this is what people focus on mainly when you say that dirty unspeakable word, 'drugs' eeek.

By fake, I mean that you get pleasure without any work. Your brain's reward pathway gets a huge boost when you've done **** all to earn it (apart from exchange a bit of money, of course). Now, the feeling is most certainly not fake but I find those sorts of things to basically feed one's ego, the exact opposite of what I'd prefer. In the end you lose pleasure when sober and that's really not something I'd like to experience. I agree with the whole negative connotations thing when the D word is mentioned, considering that "legal" life is spent chasing far worse drugs (caffeine, alcohol, tobacco) in terms of long term health effects and their overall stress on society.

Me, I prefer the psychedelic/entheogenic side of things. Nothing better than raw ego loss, just dissolving into the world. Hoffman and Shulgin have a lot to be proud of. My motivation has more or less shot up beyond bounds since experiencing that yet I'd get looked down on by an average miserable **** for daring to go there. Add in a zillion urban myths and it just becomes a ridiculous *********** of retarded opinions based on drunken pub conversations as "research".

Either way, life is spent chasing that chemical rush, it doesn't really matter who the **** you are or whether or not you take powders up the nose.

MDMAzing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anon because my older sister uses TSR and i told her i was going to my friend's sleepover yesterday evening.
    </anon>

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a lot like ecstasy (which contains MDMA in case you don't know)

ReputationRep:
    1ml Vodka

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    fake? the feeling you get when your on pill for instance is certainly not fake. you get this exciting, warm, joyousness feeling deep down inside and when you look over and see some of your best mates feeling exactly the same, its absolutely incredible. i dont like to say it but i am yet to find anything else that comes close to that feeling without using drugs. and whats really annoying me now is that when i use the word 'drug' its immediately thought of as a bad thing. and thats mostly due to the media telling us that. but when you experience these chemicals, what they do and how they do it. you really see them for what they are. a vehicle to making you feel totally amazing. but ofcourse theres the negatives, and in practice they are very slight, unfortunately this is what people focus on mainly when you say that dirty unspeakable word, 'drugs' eeek.
    Yep it's just as 'fake' as the buzz you get out of exercising, and certain foods, etc. It's all chemicals

You can't exactly say one is a true feeling and one isn't just because of how it was obtained

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yadda yadda)
    Yep it's just as 'fake' as the buzz you get out of exercising, and certain foods, etc. It's all chemicals

You can't exactly say one is a true feeling and one isn't just because of how it was obtained

Yes you can. Exercise does your body good and from there comes the dopamine rush, giving you a feeling of reward. Foods, now that's a new one. Please do tell. Taking speed somewhat trumps the whole point of having a reward system.

ReputationRep:
    IF he was on a drug I'd bet ecstasy, coke or alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdt)
    Foods, now that's a new one. Please do tell.
    Sarcasm works when you know what you're talking about - google chocolate, dopamine & serotonin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    :confused: Why wouldn't you?
    That's what I thought!

ReputationRep:
    pretty mdmazed this hasn't been locked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willenium)
    pretty mdmazed this hasn't been locked
    Well it is a stimulating topic. Hopefully they wont rush to delete it

Hmm neither of those were as good as yours

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.