The Student Room Group

Masters in Maths at Oxford, Bachelors from Surrey

Hi all, I am currently in Year 13. I was an all A/A* student, but i "played" around way too much in sixth form, whilst i currently do have a medicine offer, i will probably lose it and will have to resit and i am doubtful i will be getting a medicine offer again. So my question is if i resat then went to Surrey to do Maths and Economics and really apply myself to everything available to me, learn to code, work as hard as possible, would a surrey degree be sufficent to do a masters in maths/modelling/economics at Oxford.
Original post by Ajay19
Hi all, I am currently in Year 13. I was an all A/A* student, but i "played" around way too much in sixth form, whilst i currently do have a medicine offer, i will probably lose it and will have to resit and i am doubtful i will be getting a medicine offer again. So my question is if i resat then went to Surrey to do Maths and Economics and really apply myself to everything available to me, learn to code, work as hard as possible, would a surrey degree be sufficent to do a masters in maths/modelling/economics at Oxford.

Hi there,

To introduce myself I'm Joao. In my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University, I am working as a Campus Ambassador for JP Morgan. I am also joining the London Business School this summer for my Master's in Finance. I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Biosecurity.

Our BSc and MMath courses help you build on your existing knowledge and gain a strong foundation across the fundamentals of mathematics. In addition, in your third year, you'll be able to choose from a broad range of optional modules in topics such as Riemannian geometry, mathematical theory of data science, quantum mechanics, and mathematical ecology and epidemiology.

Over the last decade, our employment figures have been among the best in the UK. This was a key factor in Surrey being named the University of the Year for Graduate Employment in The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide for 2022.

Joao
Economics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending