The Student Room Group

Y12 Revision

I'm in year 12 and have 3 weeks left to revise my paper ones, I feel like nothing is sticking and I'm so stressed I go into hibernation and hate revising. Any tips appreciated, I do 3 heavy going subjects History Law and Politics I'm so worried it makes me sick thinking about it.
blurting method works so well, it's helped me remember entire courses for my a-levels over the past month and the more you use that method the easier it'll be. But also don't stress out too much you've got so many opportunities to figure out you revision style and these y12 mocks mean nothing in the long run so don't get yourself too worried about them (even though i found mocks to stress me out more than my actual a-levels haha). But if I could give one bit of advice it would be blurting method- i wish i'd learnt about it earlier
Thank you! I have been blurting, my college is very academic and if we fail these mocks, we won't get through to y13 and will have to resit. Did you blurt on a whiteboard? Hope your a levels have been going well
Original post by Sophie47
blurting method works so well, it's helped me remember entire courses for my a-levels over the past month and the more you use that method the easier it'll be. But also don't stress out too much you've got so many opportunities to figure out you revision style and these y12 mocks mean nothing in the long run so don't get yourself too worried about them (even though i found mocks to stress me out more than my actual a-levels haha). But if I could give one bit of advice it would be blurting method- i wish i'd learnt about it earlier
Original post by georgia2005
Thank you! I have been blurting, my college is very academic and if we fail these mocks, we won't get through to y13 and will have to resit. Did you blurt on a whiteboard? Hope your a levels have been going well

oh my sixth isn't as strict as that haha. I don't have a whiteboard so I usually just use paper and blurt in a mind map style, and then go over it correcting whatever i get wrong, and then go over it again. My exams have been good thanks, i hope yours go well!
Thank you! I've found an app that works well for my iPad. I wish I didn't choose such a strict one now hahah
Original post by Sophie47
oh my sixth isn't as strict as that haha. I don't have a whiteboard so I usually just use paper and blurt in a mind map style, and then go over it correcting whatever i get wrong, and then go over it again. My exams have been good thanks, i hope yours go well!
Original post by georgia2005
I'm in year 12 and have 3 weeks left to revise my paper ones, I feel like nothing is sticking and I'm so stressed I go into hibernation and hate revising. Any tips appreciated, I do 3 heavy going subjects History Law and Politics I'm so worried it makes me sick thinking about make sure

I got 4A*s in history, politics, sociology and law. These exams are so hard, so you need to be ahead. Make sure to NEVER do practice questions, as the exam uses a different format of questions. I memorise the glossary, because if you know the glossary, you know the subject. Trust me on this, and join me at oxford!

Best regards

Breck Zit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending