The Student Room Group

uni epq question

I did an EPQ and got a C, my uni offer is AAB or ABB with a B in EPQ, because I didn't get a B, this means I need to get AAB, but do you think the uni will care that I got a C in my EPQ? if I do manage to get AAB in my a-levels, they should let me in right? thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by sophia0903
I did an EPQ and got a C, my uni offer is AAB or ABB with a B in EPQ, because I didn't get a B, this means I need to get AAB, but do you think the uni will care that I got a C in my EPQ? if I do manage to get AAB in my a-levels, they should let me in right? thanks in advance :smile:

If you get AAB in your Alevels then they'll accept you :smile:
Original post by flaurie
If you get AAB in your Alevels then they'll accept you :smile:

aw thanks so much for replying, that’s really reassured me!
aw thanks so much for replying, that’s really reassured me!

no worries, best of luck for the rest of your exams! :biggrin:
Original post by flaurie
no worries, best of luck for the rest of your exams! :biggrin:

aw thank you :smile:

hello, congratulations on your offer!! :smile: hope it all goes well
do you think doing an epq was worth your time? im in yr11 currently and it would be great to have an insight :smile:
Original post by dahlia06
hello, congratulations on your offer!! :smile: hope it all goes well
do you think doing an epq was worth your time? im in yr11 currently and it would be great to have an insight :smile:

Aw thank you! I'd say form my experience, whilst i did only get a C which isn't the BEST grade, I did enjoy doing the EPQ, but it definitely depends on a) whether it will actually help you in terms of lowered offers from unis, and b) what type of course you wanna do at uni, most of my friends doing medicine or dentistry etc didn't do an EPQ as it wouldn't lower their entry requirements, plus most of them said that with the subjects they were taking, an EPQ on top of all that would be a huge time commitment! I'm planning on doing Law at uni and my a-levels are english lit, history and psych, so I did my EPQ on Law and it definitely gave me something to mention in my personal statement! So even though I didn't do the best, it did give me something to mention which made me stand out from people who perhaps didn't do it! So I've given you both sides of the argument here, hopefully you can choose what to do and all the best for your GCSES!!!
Aw thank you! I'd say form my experience, whilst i did only get a C which isn't the BEST grade, I did enjoy doing the EPQ, but it definitely depends on a) whether it will actually help you in terms of lowered offers from unis, and b) what type of course you wanna do at uni, most of my friends doing medicine or dentistry etc didn't do an EPQ as it wouldn't lower their entry requirements, plus most of them said that with the subjects they were taking, an EPQ on top of all that would be a huge time commitment! I'm planning on doing Law at uni and my a-levels are english lit, history and psych, so I did my EPQ on Law and it definitely gave me something to mention in my personal statement! So even though I didn't do the best, it did give me something to mention which made me stand out from people who perhaps didn't do it! So I've given you both sides of the argument here, hopefully you can choose what to do and all the best for your GCSES!!!

that is very true, was it difficult and time consuming?
i'm also planning to study law at uni and i'm taking english lit psych and politics :smile: (also would be great to know how english lit is like at a level, the exam board is edexcel)
thank you-i've got 6 more exams which are paper 2 sciences, p3 maths and 2 of my options so i'm almost at the end thankfully. best of luck on your a levels!!
that is very true, was it difficult and time consuming?
i'm also planning to study law at uni and i'm taking english lit psych and politics :smile: (also would be great to know how english lit is like at a level, the exam board is edexcel)
thank you-i've got 6 more exams which are paper 2 sciences, p3 maths and 2 of my options so i'm almost at the end thankfully. best of luck on your a levels!!

It wasn't the writing part of the epq which i found hard, it was the epq log book which was hard, it's basically a log of all the steps you take, and it is very time consuming tbh!
I do aqa english lit, and it's really fun! I love the books, I do the taming of the shrew, the importance of being earnest, emma, the handmaids tale, the kite runner and then a poetry anthology. psych too is really fun, I do execel psych which is quite difficult I won't lie to you! but work hard from the start and you'll be fine :smile:
It wasn't the writing part of the epq which i found hard, it was the epq log book which was hard, it's basically a log of all the steps you take, and it is very time consuming tbh!
I do aqa english lit, and it's really fun! I love the books, I do the taming of the shrew, the importance of being earnest, emma, the handmaids tale, the kite runner and then a poetry anthology. psych too is really fun, I do execel psych which is quite difficult I won't lie to you! but work hard from the start and you'll be fine :smile:

ohh okay thanks!
oh nicee, i have a copy of the kite runner in my bookshelf and it's a great book alongside a thousand splendid suns. is the anthology like the gcse 15 poems?
ohh okay thanks!
oh nicee, i have a copy of the kite runner in my bookshelf and it's a great book alongside a thousand splendid suns. is the anthology like the gcse 15 poems?

omg I chose a thousand splendid suns for my coursework for english haha, such a good book. yeah the anthology is similar to that except the exam is open book! so no need to memorise the poems :smile:
omg I chose a thousand splendid suns for my coursework for english haha, such a good book. yeah the anthology is similar to that except the exam is open book! so no need to memorise the poems :smile:

thank god its open book, i detest poetry because on the memorisation of it at gcse although my skl dropped it thankfully
cant wait to start a levels. got p3 maths tmw and im finally done with maths

Quick Reply

Latest