The Student Room Group

Starting to get really bad anxiety

I have recently been seeing alot of famous people die from heart attacks/cardiac arrests. It has really made me extremely scared as my dad is already on statins and I fear something could happen to him. I can't really sleep at night and it's all I've been thinking about for the past 2 months everyday single day. Really has been affecting my mental health, to the point where I stay awake until my dad gets up at his usual time.
Original post by Anonymous
I have recently been seeing alot of famous people die from heart attacks/cardiac arrests. It has really made me extremely scared as my dad is already on statins and I fear something could happen to him. I can't really sleep at night and it's all I've been thinking about for the past 2 months everyday single day. Really has been affecting my mental health, to the point where I stay awake until my dad gets up at his usual time.

I don't know how old you are, but talk to your GP. At this point it is affecting your life, so please seek professional help.

I would also say the normal sort of thing, Death is natural, everyone's got to go at some point, but losing your dad is different. I'm sorry, but inshallah he'll get better soon
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
I don't know how old you are, but talk to your GP. At this point it is affecting your life, so please seek professional help.

I would also say the normal sort of thing, Death is natural, everyone's got to go at some point, but losing your dad is different. I'm sorry, but inshallah he'll get better soon

My dad is doing fine tbh, he does exercise and everything that's needed. But I am 18 and I don't want this fear to ruin my time at uni when I start in Sep
Original post by Anonymous
My dad is doing fine tbh, he does exercise and everything that's needed. But I am 18 and I don't want this fear to ruin my time at uni when I start in Sep

Then I would say get the help, they'll give you some medicine, to lower your anxiety levels.
Then during summer spend some time with your dad/family and your friends.

Quick Reply

Latest