Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by najinaji)
    Ours is the lowest school in the area... :ashamed2:
    All the highest ones are public or Catholic schools...

Oh, highest in my area is 61% and lowest is 17%, but tbh i dont care because im on task to get way more than 5 A-C's :p: so im in that small 35% minority for my school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jampolo)
    Oh, highest in my area is 61% and lowest is 17%, but tbh i dont care because im on task to get way more than 5 A-C's :p: so im in that small 35% minority for my school
    Brillio! :p:
    I felt kind of embarrassed earlier this year, though. Our History class did an exam paper in January and almost everyone got a D or below, including me. :toofunny:

Sort of went against our school a bit there...

ReputationRep:
    Brillio! :p:
    I felt kind of embarrassed earlier this year, though. Our History class did an exam paper in January and almost everyone got a D or below, including me. :toofunny:

Sort of went against our school a bit there...
    Mwhaha! History is hard! (for me anyway)

I really learnt how bad my school was, when a second set english class, the second best set of 30 english students out of a possible 6 sets, not everyone in the second set passed, it was even worse for sets below. I got dropped to the second set for some reason, and everyone in the class was scraping C's! And we were meant to be some of the best english students in the school!

Also i did triple science, and there stopping it now becuase the year below simply cannot cope with triple science... basically our school is getting dumber! The top science class in the year below are getting mainly C's B's, a few A's and very little A*'s! Whereas my class for science got mainly A*'s and A's, very little B's and no C's! The school reckoned we were the best yeargroup for a while, tbh it wasn't hard at all to become the best at such an awful school haha!

ReputationRep:
    70 % lol i go to a chavy state school lol. weird transition as i used to go to le rose school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jampolo)
    Mwhaha! History is hard! (for me anyway)

I really learnt how bad my school was, when a second set english class, the second best set of 30 english students out of a possible 6 sets, not everyone in the second set passed, it was even worse for sets below. I got dropped to the second set for some reason, and everyone in the class was scraping C's! And we were meant to be some of the best english students in the school!

Also i did triple science, and there stopping it now becuase the year below simply cannot cope with triple science... basically our school is getting dumber! The top science class in the year below are getting mainly C's B's, a few A's and very little A*'s! Whereas my class for science got mainly A*'s and A's, very little B's and no C's! The school reckoned we were the best yeargroup for a while, tbh it wasn't hard at all to become the best at such an awful school haha!
    Scraping C's... oh dear...
    At least you're above your school. These things bring strength of character and so on (apparently) :p:

ReputationRep:
    99% (state)

ReputationRep:
    Scraping C's... oh dear...
    At least you're above your school. These things bring strength of character and so on (apparently) :p:
    Mwhaha i hope so! Pretty pissed that i got moved down into a set of retards though

Well ive left now, and i am in no way associated with them anymore
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    state highschool, 66%.

ReputationRep:
    The school I attended hovers around the 50% mark for 5 or more A* to C grades, with around 35% achieving this when English and Maths are considered. About 97% manage to secure at least one GCSE at grade A* to G. This is at a state comprehensive. The results are skewed slightly by the use of vocational qualifications, which tend to be worth the same as 4 GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    34% and that was the best year. They actually celebrated ¬_¬

P.s Not including English and maths!

:/

ReputationRep:
    2005-2006: 65%, 2006-2007: 70%, 2007-2008: 72%, 2008-2009: 68%
    Including English and Maths, around 80% when not including them.

This year is supposed to be set to be the best year for my school though, we'll have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    96/97% state school xD

but it is an all girls school, and girls are statistically smarter than boys :P

ReputationRep:
    about 90%
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    92% including maths and English i think and i go to a state school

ReputationRep:
    I think about 65-70% (State)

ReputationRep:
    100% (independent)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma363)
    39% inc maths and english, state school :P
    98%

ReputationRep:
    74%

ReputationRep:
    With English and Maths 53%
    Without English and Maths 62%
    A state school.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.