The Student Room Group
Reply 1
id like to know this...
Reply 2
small letter = interview/rejection/offer/acknowledgment/whatever they fancy to get you scared
large letter = interview/rejection/offer/acknowledgment/whatever they fancy to get you scared
Most probably true yes. But you'll never know until you open it.
I think it has to do with thickness though. One paper is usually rejection
It most probably differs from Uni to Uni but for L'pool last year I got a small envelope and it was a rejection - it contained just one piece of paper. For UEA this year I got a bulky envelope and it was an interview. Kinda makes sense - they give a form to send back, a map/directions etc so the letter's bound to be bigger.
Reply 5
...or just check ucas track, its more likely to come up on there quicker than any snail mail, whatever the size of the letter.
Reply 6
Also it don't take Einstein to figure out that

Rejection - 1/2 Sheets of paper = thin envelope

Offer - likely to be more sheets of paper = thick envelope
Reply 7
Am i doing the wrong thing then? I have an interview at liverpool but this isn't showing up on ucas track......where am i going wrong?
Bobzilla123
Am i doing the wrong thing then? I have an interview at liverpool but this isn't showing up on ucas track......where am i going wrong?

Interviews are not recorded on the UCAS system.
Reply 9
McDull
...or just check ucas track, its more likely to come up on there quicker than any snail mail, whatever the size of the letter.

Then y write this???? Hey ey ey?? :confused: lol
Bobzilla123
Then y write this???? Hey ey ey?? :confused: lol

Through ignorance.
hehe...gud answer :-D
It is not true in the slightest. A lot of universities don't send you a rejection letter and those that send you an offer or an unconditional often don't send the information pack,about the course, right away.

So,a thin envelope may or may not be a rejection but could be an offer or an unconditional.
Reply 13
I got my Durham offer in one of those white envelopes that are about 1/3 of a piece of A4, and it only had a two sheets of paper, I think. I was so convinced that it was a rejection that I read it (skimmed it) and showed it to my mother saying 'Well that settles it, I'm going to Sheffield' and she was just 'o_O?! But this is an offer...' As it happens I went to Sheffield anyway, but that's by the by.
Reply 14
Shayilalraya
Big envelope = offer
Smaller envelope = rejection

True?

Generally true for all the replies I received!
Reply 15
I think the OP's received his or her answer. I'm closing this thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending