Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Big envelope = offer
    Smaller envelope = rejection

True?

ReputationRep:
    id like to know this...

ReputationRep:
    small letter = interview/rejection/offer/acknowledgment/whatever they fancy to get you scared
    large letter = interview/rejection/offer/acknowledgment/whatever they fancy to get you scared

ReputationRep:
    Most probably true yes. But you'll never know until you open it.
    I think it has to do with thickness though. One paper is usually rejection

ReputationRep:
    It most probably differs from Uni to Uni but for L'pool last year I got a small envelope and it was a rejection - it contained just one piece of paper. For UEA this year I got a bulky envelope and it was an interview. Kinda makes sense - they give a form to send back, a map/directions etc so the letter's bound to be bigger.

ReputationRep:
    ...or just check ucas track, its more likely to come up on there quicker than any snail mail, whatever the size of the letter.

ReputationRep:
    Also it don't take Einstein to figure out that

Rejection - 1/2 Sheets of paper = thin envelope

Offer - likely to be more sheets of paper = thick envelope

ReputationRep:
    Am i doing the wrong thing then? I have an interview at liverpool but this isn't showing up on ucas track......where am i going wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobzilla123)
    Am i doing the wrong thing then? I have an interview at liverpool but this isn't showing up on ucas track......where am i going wrong?
    Interviews are not recorded on the UCAS system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McDull)
    ...or just check ucas track, its more likely to come up on there quicker than any snail mail, whatever the size of the letter.
    Then y write this???? Hey ey ey?? :confused: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobzilla123)
    Then y write this???? Hey ey ey?? :confused: lol
    Through ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    hehe...gud answer :-D

ReputationRep:
    It is not true in the slightest. A lot of universities don't send you a rejection letter and those that send you an offer or an unconditional often don't send the information pack,about the course, right away.

So,a thin envelope may or may not be a rejection but could be an offer or an unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    I got my Durham offer in one of those white envelopes that are about 1/3 of a piece of A4, and it only had a two sheets of paper, I think. I was so convinced that it was a rejection that I read it (skimmed it) and showed it to my mother saying 'Well that settles it, I'm going to Sheffield' and she was just 'o_O?! But this is an offer...' As it happens I went to Sheffield anyway, but that's by the by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayilalraya)
    Big envelope = offer
    Smaller envelope = rejection

True?
    Generally true for all the replies I received!

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP's received his or her answer. I'm closing this thread.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.