What was the scariest movie you watched as a child?

Watch this thread
Avreil
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
nightmare on elm street for myself
Mya192948
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
My scariest one was it. Some people in my class watched it on their school laptop and I watched it as I was on the same table. It traumatized me.
mystudentlife
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Taken

I was jus traumatized for weeks
uberteknik
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Freaks.

Watched this on my own as an adolescent when it was broadcast as a late night horror movie season. It was made in 1932 when censorship was left to the producers and public approval. I never knew people like this even existed nor the kind of exploitation they suffered.

What made it so memorable is that there is no CGI or special effects - only real humans. The horror is not the actors, but the indescribable nature f human behaviour to others.

It's considered a genius classic now both heartbreaking and haunting.

It's 90 years old now (yes made 90 years ago) and is still one of the most chilling, traumatising but also saddest films I have ever seen.

Here is a milder trailer with a longer version (modern musical score cover of Radiohead's classic song Creep ) giving a taste of the full movie.

Essential watching but be warned.

Last edited by uberteknik; 2 months ago
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Avreil)
nightmare on elm street for myself
The goosbumps film- Welcome to horrorland
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
This scene from Scrooge (1970) always scared me as a kid. Me and my family would watch this film multiple times throughout the year since we all loved it but this scene always got to me and they used to warn me before it came on and I would hide behind the couch :laugh: I used to watch horror films like Scream and The Exorcist as a kid and they didn't bother me, I loved them but I don't know, something about this character and scene always set me off :laugh:
Attached files
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
This scene from Scrooge (1970) always scared me as a kid. Me and my family would watch this film multiple times throughout the year since we all loved it but this scene always got to me and they used to warn me before it came on and I would hide behind the couch :laugh: I used to watch horror films like Scream and The Exorcist as a kid and they didn't bother me, I loved them but I don't know, something about this character and scene always set me off :laugh:
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Didn't watch horror films as a child, I was too scary. I didn't do it before the teen age.
RichPiana
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Didn’t find any movie scary and that’s considering I watched quite a few back in the day.
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The Omen
jonathanemptage
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
For me it was the Witches by Roald Dahl the film and later on the book gave me nightmares for weeks.
Last edited by jonathanemptage; 1 month ago
Spelunker
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
monster house
JVM2020
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I didnt watch horror films as a child.
Rufus The Red
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The Incredibles. :ahhhhh:
There was a particular scene which petrified me, however my teachers (this was in year one or something like that) made me keep watching because our topic was 'Superheroes', and we were watching it for our topic rather than merely a leisure activity.

I bear the trauma to this day. :sadnod:
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Coraline - I watched it when I was like 6 or 7 and I still can't wear green to this day... I'm 19
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Disney's animated Alice In Wonderland. :erm:
I'm still traumatised by memories of it more than 2 decades later. :cry2:

Wasn't at all bothered by seeing Dracula, Dressed To Kill, The Silence of the Lambs, Rosemary's Baby, Satan's School For Girls, Sleeping With The Enemy or Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Nor any of the horror franchises like: Child's Play, Psycho, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Omen, The Exorcist and Saw.
davejo
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
The Ring was the scariest movie for me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads