The Student Room Group

how to analyse a bad book (english a level help)

hi! backstory: our last english teacher lowkey f*cked us over this year - we chose crime and detection for our prose novels and she convinced us to pick out Lady Audley's Secret and The Murder Room by PD James. And then she left midway through the year.

Now, there's absolutely nothing to analyse about The Murder Room - its a really poorly written, boring, novel, and me and my class are kind of freaking out for the English lit paper 2 exam in a few days. how do you analyse a boring crime novel written 2003 ? there's no context, no symbolism, no nothing : (
Original post by katrin04
hi! backstory: our last english teacher lowkey f*cked us over this year - we chose crime and detection for our prose novels and she convinced us to pick out Lady Audley's Secret and The Murder Room by PD James. And then she left midway through the year.

Now, there's absolutely nothing to analyse about The Murder Room - its a really poorly written, boring, novel, and me and my class are kind of freaking out for the English lit paper 2 exam in a few days. how do you analyse a boring crime novel written 2003 ? there's no context, no symbolism, no nothing : (

i checked the spec for AS lit and it says '*these texts are going to be removed and the last assessment opportunity for them will be Summer 2022.' so i assume it is a boring text and tough for most students. the last thing you can do for now is just go through past paper questions and look through them and make a plan for the questiion, then read through the mark scheme for the possible answers. perhaps searchit up on quizlet and check if any students made some flashcards on them. good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by psychstudent2625
i checked the spec for AS lit and it says '*these texts are going to be removed and the last assessment opportunity for them will be Summer 2022.' so i assume it is a boring text and tough for most students. the last thing you can do for now is just go through past paper questions and look through them and make a plan for the questiion, then read through the mark scheme for the possible answers. perhaps searchit up on quizlet and check if any students made some flashcards on them. good luck!

thank u for the words of advice!! hopefully all goes well xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending