Require help in choosing MBA between Aston, Sheffield and Loughborough please

Watch this thread
parkycooly
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there, I'm an engineer from Thailand is going to UK for the September intake, taking MBA to advance my career goal (Sales engineer / food and chemical industry)

Target : If possible I'd like to job hunt after the 1 year MBA in UK. I'm quite aware of the rankings, modules and accreditations of each university choices I have, but as a foreigner, some information maybe isn't accessible to me.

These are my choices that I already got the offer from.
1.University of Sheffield
2.Loughborough university 25% scholarship
3.Aston University 20% scholarship

May I ask you guys here, about the inside information about the student life, daily life, pros and cons, of these universities a bit more ?

Or straight to the point which MBA is better from these 3? (maybe in the aspect of the courses or chances of landing a job)

Thank you for all the comments in advance!

P.S : My bachelor grades are at only 2.8, and tried applying to other high ranking universities as well, they rejected me mostly of the grades and low managerial working experience (I worked for around 6 years, 3 years management exp.)
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by parkycooly)
Hi there, I'm an engineer from Thailand is going to UK for the September intake, taking MBA to advance my career goal (Sales engineer / food and chemical industry)

Target : If possible I'd like to job hunt after the 1 year MBA in UK. I'm quite aware of the rankings, modules and accreditations of each university choices I have, but as a foreigner, some information maybe isn't accessible to me.

These are my choices that I already got the offer from.
1.University of Sheffield
2.Loughborough university 25% scholarship
3.Aston University 20% scholarship

May I ask you guys here, about the inside information about the student life, daily life, pros and cons, of these universities a bit more ?

Or straight to the point which MBA is better from these 3? (maybe in the aspect of the courses or chances of landing a job)

Thank you for all the comments in advance!

P.S : My bachelor grades are at only 2.8, and tried applying to other high ranking universities as well, they rejected me mostly of the grades and low managerial working experience (I worked for around 6 years, 3 years management exp.)
Hi there,

I moved here as an international student purely for university. Wherever you end up choosing I believe I can offer some useful information and tips. I would advise always going to a diverse city or university. A lot of people don't prioritise this as they want to look for a change when moving to another country for university. But the move is already going to be a big enough change and the new city, wherever that may be, is always going to be different from your home country. Moving to a diverse area makes acclimatising easier, bouts of homesickness more bearable and makes making friends unchallenging. Birmingham is a very diverse city with a lot of cultures, ethnicities and nationalities. The thing I found very useful here was easy access to my cultural foods. There are a lot of cultural and ethnic grocery stores and restaurants here so you're able to recreate authentic cuisine and even find things as little as traditional snacks and sweets.
Student life, in general, is what you make it. At Aston, there are a lot of societies and clubs tailored to different ethnicities, nationalities, general interests, academic interests, sporting interests, etc. There are also a lot of nighttime and daytime events held. It is up to you to decide what you want and what you don't want to do, what you want to get involved in and vice versa.

Hope this has helped

*Ethel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads