what is condisidered plagiarism

Watch this thread
Kate190
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im in year 10 and i have my end of year assessment , it some determent my predicted grade in a couple of weeks, normally when i revise for English literature i use quizlet but i started feeling like it is stealing someone's work , so I want to know if taking someone analysis and changing some words is considered plagiarism.
cheesetoasties1
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
No, especially in English lit where the analysis you can make is likely limited anyway. Whats to say you didn't come up with the same analysis as someone else when you're studying the same text in the same context of GCSEs. I can definitely say that for my GCSEs in English me and my friends would just gather as much analysis of the internet as possible and memorise it!
jamesh234
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kate190)
Im in year 10 and i have my end of year assessment , it some determent my predicted grade in a couple of weeks, normally when i revise for English literature i use quizlet but i started feeling like it is stealing someone's work , so I want to know if taking someone analysis and changing some words is considered plagiarism.
No, at GCSE, anything which you write in English Literature will not be considered plagiarised (even if you just wrote down a model answer for a question exactly word for word). I think taking analysis from Quizlets and other websites rather than very popular revision guides is a good idea as the only thing which the examiner may mark you down for is originality (i.e. if you come up with a point that they have only seen a few times rather than one they have seen at least 100 times each year, they will mark you more highly).
student87109
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jamesh234)
No, at GCSE, anything which you write in English Literature will not be considered plagiarised (even if you just wrote down a model answer for a question exactly word for word). I think taking analysis from Quizlets and other websites rather than very popular revision guides is a good idea as the only thing which the examiner may mark you down for is originality (i.e. if you come up with a point that they have only seen a few times rather than one they have seen at least 100 times each year, they will mark you more highly).
Phew!!! This relieved me soooo much!! Because I watched some grade 9 analysis videos for English literature and I used some of the analysis for certain quotes in my English literature exam and two weeks after I realised that it could be plagiarism. I’m soo relieved now
Kate190
Rep:
(Original post by student87109)
Phew!!! This relieved me soooo much!! Because I watched some grade 9 analysis videos for English literature and I used some of the analysis for certain quotes in my English literature exam and two weeks after I realised that it could be plagiarism. I’m soo relieved now
could u pls send me the video,I have my exam on Wednesday and im kind of panicking 😭😭😭
student87109
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kate190)
could u pls send me the video,I have my exam on Wednesday and im kind of panicking 😭😭😭
Search up on YouTube, Mr Salles and find his videos for English lit
Kate190
Rep:
oh thank
JAH36
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
So my friend copied mr salles weather description word for word, what is going to happen?
Funtimes01_
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JAH36)
So my friend copied mr salles weather description word for word, what is going to happen?
If this was an official GCSE examination, then I don't see how you'd get into trouble for plagiarism.
Most people can't remember everything word for word, so you most likely made the description you wrote in the exam as original as possible.
It's practically impossible to 'plagiarise' in a closed book GCSE or A level exam... Unless you somehow managed to sneak in unauthorised material, and without getting caught by the invigilators managed to copy what was on that unauthorised material word for word.
I wouldn't worry about it at all, enjoy your summer and relax.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads