Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tristanperry)
    It's your right, of course. Who said it wasn't?

Of course, it's our right to call you a racist muppet for voting for them.

Fair's fair.

Why? Labour messed up our economy, are eroding our civil liberties and have a leader with less charism than a plank of wood?

Same as voting Lib Dems, but 15% of the country do it. It could be argued that voting BNP serves more purpose than voting Lib Dems.
    I guess your voting Conservatives. Trust, you will regret it after. Their a shambles, no substance, just style. They have no resounding economic policies and will make the UK a place of inequality, where people, including YOU, will suffer and perish. The rich will benefit, while we, the people on low and middle incomes will struggle even more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancelikeamonkey)
    Vote for whom you want. That's why we live in a democracy. People fought and died for it.
    when exactly did they do that?

ReputationRep:
    Freedom of expression would allow you to vote for the BNP, UKIP, the Rock n Roll Loony Party, or even the Winchester and Warminster Association of Druids and Vestal Virgins. So, yes, you might have the 'right' to vote for whoever you want, but everyone has their own opinions and people will never be happy unless you are on their side.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but it shouldn't be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    Voting BNP is a waste of time. Vote LABOUR!!
    You, my friend, are clearly on the dole, an illegal immigrant or a paedophile! Voting Labour is condemning our once great nation to another term of failure aand embarrassment.

ReputationRep:
    You have every right -
    and I have every right to vote against you.

As long as you don't advocate breaking criminal law and you respect my right to say I disagree with you publicly without trying to see if you're harder than me - fair do s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    How about the 2 world wars you anti-brit.

ReputationRep:
    That statement is correct, yes. However, it is a bit hypocritical having that way of thinking when you consider what the BNP stands for (essentially taking away all freedoms from those not of British origins).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Yeah, but it shouldn't be.
    At first I was confused, then in a wave of red letters it hit me:

DEMOCRACY SUCKS!

ReputationRep:
    Most trolls don't admit to being trolls :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    At first I was confused, then in a wave of red letters it hit me:

DEMOCRACY SUCKS!

Indeed it does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1991)
    You, my friend, are clearly on the dole, an illegal immigrant or a paedophile! Voting Labour is condemning our once great nation to another term of failure aand embarrassment.
    I have been a life-long Labour supporter, voter and campaigner. Nothing will make me change to the Tories. Our 'once' great nation is leading the world in tackling the economic problems. Our 'once' great nation never suffered a recession under Labour rule. Our 'once' great nation almost collapsed under Tory rule, where recessions was the norm.

Our great nation NEEDS another term of Labour.

ReputationRep:
    Are you actually asking that on today of all days you ******* numbskull?

ReputationRep:
    Well women threw themselves in front of horses for it, so...

ReputationRep:
    I have been a life-long Labour supporter, voter and campaigner. Nothing will make me change to the Tories. Our 'once' great nation is leading the world in tackling the economic problems. Our 'once' great nation never suffered a recession under Labour rule. Our 'once' great nation almost collapsed under Tory rule, where recessions was the norm.

Our once great nation had moral values, and national pride. In case you havn't noticed, we are in a recession, a pretty bad one, oh, and Labour are in power.

ReputationRep:

And where is Labour going? Further to the right, it seems.

ID cards, benefit cuts, opening up the NHS to privatisation... seems pretty tory-style to me. They risk going beyond the centre ground of the Lib Dems, it seems. What next?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, 1914-1918
    1939 - 1945

Plus a lot of other places people don't remember - or even care to remember and they weren't all wars either. Look at the jail sentences served by people like Cobbett trying to get universal sufferage. Look at what it took to get unions legalised. Look what it took to get women the vote - sufferagists mainly. Look at how the UK dealt with the right to be Communist during the Cold War and then compare that with the USSR and East Germany.

I'm proud my country did all that and allowed Karl Marx - who I profoundly disagree with - to write down his ideas here and they were prepared not just to defend themselves but go out and free others who had been occupied - when we could have just said "I'm alright, Jack" and got an easy peace.

I'm proud we can debate the right to vote any way we please - even though I disagree with many of the choices. I feel assured when someone with a different point of view can express themselves freely - because it means I can do the same. Finally, I'm proud I was born with those rights because ordinary people long before me stood up and made it so. The year after I was born, my adopted country fell under a military dictatorship - when I compare my childhood to theirs - I know why the freedoms we have in the UK are so precious.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Go on, vote for them. I dare you. Go on.

ReputationRep:
    God, look at all of you arguing over a stupid thread like this.
    You've all just clearly fallen for a good bit of old trolling.

ReputationRep:
    Why not?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.