Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1991)
    How about the 2 world wars you anti-brit.
    not sure either of those were a fight over democracy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    I guess your voting Conservatives. Trust, you will regret it after. Their a shambles, no substance, just style. They have no resounding economic policies and will make the UK a place of inequality, where people, including YOU, will suffer and perish. The rich will benefit, while we, the people on low and middle incomes will struggle even more.
    This isn't the 60s anymore... the Tories have changed a lot since then.

Anything is better than crappy Labour. The Tories are good, but I agree that some of their policies are more style than substance. However Labour policies seem to have neither at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Well women threw themselves in front of horses for it, so...
    yeah, if only id had the intellectual prowess to think of something like throwing myself under a horse to get my own way

ReputationRep:
    It's not your right to legislate to take anything from from X to give to Y. Of course that's not just you; that's all of us, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    not sure either of those were a fight over democracy
    Well if we would have lost we would have been under a German dictatorship sooo, yeh, I think they were. Do you really think they would have invaded us then gave us the option to vote them into power?

ReputationRep:
    Our once great nation had moral values, and national pride. In case you havn't noticed, we are in a recession, a pretty bad one, oh, and Labour are in power.
    Theoretically, we are NOT in a recession. In the early 1990s, our inflation was at a scary 9.5%, unemployment was at a record high and the Tories were in power.
    Since 1997 (11 years on), we, until this month, never had negative growth. Things were so good, you did not even realise. We're better off under LABOUR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bangers+Mash)
    God, look at all of you arguing over a stupid thread like this.
    You've all just clearly fallen for a good bit of old trolling.
    No....but.....well.....

Ah damn it, we got told.

ReputationRep:
    Well if we would have lost we would have been under a German dictatorship sooo, yeh, I think they were. Do you really think they would have invaded us then gave us the option to vote them into power?
    yeah that's how occupation works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    Theoretically, we are NOT in a recession. In the early 1990s, our inflation was at a scary 9.5%, unemployment was at a record high and the Tories were in power.
    Since 1997 (11 years on), we, until this month, never had negative growth. Things were so good, you did not even realise. We're better off under LABOUR.
    Since 1997 we have entered a war that did not concern us, losing troops unecessarily. Please explain to me how we are 'theoretically' not in a recession???

Frankly I don't see why there are four pages on this. It's not like we actualy care what the OP does considering his posts to date.

Stop feeding the troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kklol)
    do you agree with this statement?
    It your right of freedom to be a ********.

ReputationRep:
    when exactly did they do that?
    WW1 and WW2 you ignorant *****.

ReputationRep:
    yeah that's how occupation works.
    OK then, in that case we should have just let them win the war then not vote for them.

Since 1997 we have entered a war that did not concern us, losing troops unecessarily. Please explain to me how we are 'theoretically' not in a recession???
    A recession is two quarters of negative growth and so far we have only had one quarter. So we need another quarter to be in a recession theoreticaly.

Although practically, we are in a recession

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tristanperry)
    This isn't the 60s anymore... the Tories have changed a lot since then.

Anything is better than crappy Labour. The Tories are good, but I agree that some of their policies are more style than substance. However Labour policies seem to have neither at the moment.
    Why 60s?... it was like that in the 80s and early 90s.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, But it is my rite to think you would be a wazzer.

ReputationRep:
    We are in a recession. Inflation is higher than growth and inflation is higher than interest rates. Stop ************. Labour's tax and spend has failed. Labour's projects for equality have failed. Labour's projects on health and education have failed. Labour's foreign policy has failed. Labour's immigration policy has failed. Labour has failed.

ReputationRep:
    What a silly question to ask really.As others have said this comes across as you being a bit of a troll.

Of course you can vote for the BNP if you want to (although I and most people would think it worrying you'd vote for a party which is about nothing except brazen xenophobia)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kklol)
    do you agree with this statement?
    Yes, when you reach 18 you may vote for whoever you want

ReputationRep:
    of course it is, you cannot legislate stupidity/morality. -to paraphrase John McCain

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.