Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slash_GNR)
    WW1 and WW2 you ignorant *****.
    im dying for someone to explain to me how those were people fighting for my right to vote

ReputationRep:
    oh also i should point out that you cant vote bnp if no one runs as a bnp candidate in your constituency. so it's not your absolute right to vote for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    im dying for someone to explain to me how those were people fighting for my right to vote
    With you being a female, have yo heard of the Suffragettes? In the early 20th Century, they campaigned for women to be able to vote. In time they achieved thier goal and today, evry woman, regardless of their age, beliefs, sexual orientation has right to vote. So there you go.

ReputationRep:
    go ahead, be my guest, they'll never get a parliamentry seat...

ReputationRep:
    Simple, if we had surrendered/ appeased/ lost then we would have been occupied as you have already stated, then we wouldn't have had a vote because we were occupied and would have been ruled by a dictator therefore no vote and no democracy and we would have had fascist propaganda forced upon us.
    That's what my great grandad died for in WW1 and my grandad died for in WW2 so don't you dare insult me by saying that what they and others fought and died for wasn't worth our freedom and civil liberties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeanutButterJellyTime)
    Oh no your such a jOker Like OmG

you fking legend your so fking funny like omg [/Sacarsm] Over
    Only 3 posts and you're already ripping the crap out of someone?

ReputationRep:
    Now I'm no historian and I'm sure there's people here with more details than I can provide, but Hitler prevented his country from voting for any parties but his prior to the second world war even though he had promised the people a democratic choice.

That was his countrymen, you think he would have allowed us to vote? As previously posted that would make a mockery of war if you could simply vote your conquestors out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    With you being a female, have yo heard of the Suffragettes? In the early 20th Century, they campaigned for women to be able to vote. In time they achieved thier goal and today, evry woman, regardless of their age, beliefs, sexual orientation has right to vote. So there you go.
    yeah im a woman so the suffragette movement totally defines me and my attitudes towards democracy. whatever dude.

ReputationRep:
    It is your right to vote BNP. But it'd be about as useful as voting for a retarded farmer with no animals.

ReputationRep:
    omg all these people getting worked up in a troll thread.
    The OP asked the most obvious question, and look at the war it has turned into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erik.)
    go ahead, be my guest, they'll never get a parliamentry seat...
    Yes they will eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kondar)
    of course it is, you cannot legislate stupidity/morality. -to paraphrase John McCain
    Who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancelikeamonkey)
    Now I'm no historian and I'm sure there's people here with more details than I can provide, but Hitler prevented his country from voting for any parties but his prior to the second world war even though he had promised the people a democratic choice.

That was his countrymen, you think he would have allowed us to vote? As previously posted that would make a mockery of war if you could simply vote your conquestors out.
    thats not why we went to war and fough though

ReputationRep:
    I'm black and I so want to see if they will let me join. Sadly they don't allow any other race of people apart from white. So they racist? Meh...who cares. Stop the hype!

ReputationRep:
    yeah im a woman so the suffragette movement totally defines me and my attitudes towards democracy. whatever dude.
    be grateful...at least they fought for women. I gave an answer to your question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slash_GNR)
    Simple, if we had surrendered/ appeased/ lost then we would have been occupied as you have already stated, then we wouldn't have had a vote because we were occupied and would have been ruled by a dictator therefore no vote and no democracy and we would have had fascist propaganda forced upon us.
    That's what my great grandad died for in WW1 and my grandad died for in WW2 so don't you dare insult me by saying that what they and others fought and died for wasn't worth our freedom and civil liberties you selfish stuck up ******* ****.
    yeah just as well the soviets fought those dictators so it could keep it's liberties and democracy...oh wait.

do you actually have any clue what you're talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    be grateful...at least they fought for women. I gave an answer to your question.
    no. im not grateful to them at all. i totally deplore a lot of what they did and their ridiculous methods totally overshadowed the role of other women (and men) in getting the vote. it's a lot more complex than one hysterical woman and the king's horse.

ReputationRep:
    It is mine, and every other ethnic minority in the country's right of freedom to refuse service...be it medical, legal advice, help at a shop, anything...do it yourself, if you reckon this country would be anywhere where it was now, without the variety of people within it.

ReputationRep:
    thats not why we went to war and fough though
    What so we never went to war to prevent Hitler from invading our country and to help defend our allies? Are you sure you're at University? I really think you need to go away and think for a little bit...

..and then never come back.

(My God there are some really stupid people on this forum.)

ReputationRep:
    OP, it is your right to vote BNP.
    You also have a right to be obnoxious, which you would also exercise in voting BNP.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.