Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    yeah just as well the soviets fought those dictators so it could keep it's liberties and democracy...oh wait.

do you actually have any clue what you're talking about?
    What have the soviets got to do with your right to vote? They were fighting for their own ideals, the same as we were fighting for our own ideals. Communism was seperate from fascism therefore the soviets fought it, fascism is seperate from democracy therefore we fought it. The enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of thing applied hence once the Nazis were defeated we had the cold war because there was no mutual enemy.
    Yes I know what I am talking about, I think it's more likely you who doesn't.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I disagree with there views, but if your legally allowed to vote then Yes, vote as you wish. I will think of you as a fool for doing so, but that's my freedom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancelikeamonkey)
    What so we never went to war to prevent Hitler from invading our country and to help defend our allies? Are you sure you're at University? I really think you need to go away and think for a little bit...

..and then never come back.

(My God there are some really stupid people on this forum.)
    where did i say i was at university or that i studied modern history?

ReputationRep:
    when exactly did they do that?
    Your incompetence led me to actually look up some dates.

And I quote:

"On July 14th 1933, a law was passed making it illegal to form a new political party. It also made the Nazi Party the only legal political party in Germany."

You have your place of study down as being Oxford which I assumed meant the university, so not only are they continuing to create virginal, socially unskilled, chinless cretins they have now stretched out to include imbeciles as well.

(my apologies to any non virgin, socially adept, fully chinned geniuses who hark from Oxford )

ReputationRep:
    vapid slut... are you english? cos u sure dont appreciate wot they did for this country.

ReputationRep:
    no. im not grateful to them at all. i totally deplore a lot of what they did and their ridiculous methods totally overshadowed the role of other women (and men) in getting the vote. it's a lot more complex than one hysterical woman and the king's horse.
    You do realize that you asked 'who fought for the vote?' and he answered you, right? Plus what about the female suffragists, who also fought for the vote for women, but by peaceful methods. And women proved they were capable of having the vote in WW1 by the work they did in support of the men, another way in which the war contributed to universal suffrage.

And I quote:

"On July 14th 1933, a law was passed making it illegal to form a new political party. It also made the Nazi Party the only legal political party in Germany."

You have your place of study down as being Oxford which I asumed meant the university, so not only are they continuing to crate virginal, socially unskilled, chinless cretins they have now stretched out to include imbeciles as well.

(my apologies to any non virgin, socailally adept, fully chinned geniuses who hark from Oxford )

What's wrong with being a virgin while at Oxford or being a virgin at all afterall it's up to a person whether they decide to do this or not and not up to the good people of TSR

ReputationRep:

And I quote:

You have your place of study down as being Oxford which I asumed meant the university, so not only are they continuing to crate virginal, socially unskilled, chinless cretins they have now stretched out to include imbeciles as well.

(my apologies to any non virgin, socailally adept, fully chinned geniuses who hark from Oxford )
    what the **** has virginity got to do with anything? and im aware of the enabling act, thanks. what germany did in 1933 has little to do with britain's reasoning for joining the war in 1939, nor indeed the usa's in 1941

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    vapid slut... are you english? cos u sure dont appreciate wot they did for this country.
    i have british nationality, yes. i am, however, half british, half polish. i don't see what that has to do with what i know about the history of the two world wars though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletStorm)
    You do realize that you asked 'who fought for the vote?' and he answered you, right? Plus what about the female suffragists, who also fought for the vote for women, but by peaceful methods. And women proved they were capable of having the vote in WW1 by the work they did in support of the men, another way in which the war contributed to universal suffrage.
    no, i asked who fought and died for democracy in this country. im pretty sure democracy predates 1918.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletStorm)
    i did make the point about others who contributed, by which i meant the suffragists and women who worked towards the war effort filling jobs left empty by those on the frontlinr.

ReputationRep:
    no, i asked who fought and died for democracy in this country. im pretty sure democracy predates 1918.
    moron! just because democracy is around before war breaks out doesn't mean you don't have to fight to preserve it ffs how ******* stupid are you? don't answer by the way it's rhetorical because the real answer is pretty ******* obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    What's wrong with being a virgin while at Oxford or being a virgin at all afterall it's up to a person whether they decide to do this or not and not up to the good people of TSR
    quite. it's irrelevant beyond belief.

ReputationRep:
    what the **** has virginity got to do with anything? and im aware of the enabling act, thanks. what germany did in 1933 has little to do with britain's reasoning for joining the war in 1939, nor indeed the usa's in 1941
    Are you actually that stupid? Your original question was what did the people who died fighting for this country every do with regard to democracy. If The Nazi party was the only party available to "demoraticaly" vote for prior to invading this country (which you seem to have forgotten they were very close to doing) do you really think you would be living in a democracy now?

I've had enough of this to be honest. If you really think you're right then I suggest you go and spend a little bit of time in the library or maybe visit some war graves then come back and post, but I'm out of here.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, if only id had the intellectual prowess to think of something like throwing myself under a horse to get my own way
    Well it bloody worked didn't it? A little civil protesting clearly wasn't enough. Don't be so disrespectful, if those women hadn't gone to such lengths, who knows how much longer it would've taken to grant women the vote, if even at all?

ReputationRep:
    i have british nationality, yes. i am, however, half british, half polish. i don't see what that has to do with what i know about the history of the two world wars though.
    So your'e only British through naturalisation, not birth or parent inheritance. No wonder you dont appreciate the people that came before you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh well it wasn't full democracy until everyone had the vote INCLUDING WOMEN was it? Which was after they had fought for it.

ReputationRep:
    quite. it's irrelevant beyond belief.
    If you spent more time getting rid of your "frustrations" maybe you'd spend a little less time trying to argue futile points of view on a forum.

Goodnight everybody.

ReputationRep:
    Im a BNP supporter and ex-member (quit when I got a job I don't want to lose) but even I am getting sick of all these BNP threads.

ReputationRep:
    This thread needs an urgent lock.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.