The Student Room Group

AS Levels

I do maths chemistry and biology a levels and just received my AS Level exam grades and got 2 E's and a U. The course I would like to do is biological sciences and it requires BCC/CCC in majority of universities I want to apply to. What should I do? I have been thinking whether A levels is the right option for me, but I don't where to look for other options. Could somebody help me find alternative options that may be better for me that will allow me to be accepted into uni. I am aware there is still A2 to come which is significantly harder and I am very worried about it, someone please help. I just need options and thoughts on what i should do I am really lost
Hi, I'm in year 13 and do bio, chem and pysch. Have you maybe had a look at any apprenticeship schemes? There are a lot out there so possibly have a look into those! If you're still set on doing A-levels, you could possibly look into foundation courses at Uni which tend to offer lower grade boundaries? A2 content mainly builds on your AS content and goes into a bit more depth, maybe over the summer you could try to focus on learning AS content and practicing exam questions that would put you in a great position for A2! Hope this is helpful!
Reply 2
Original post by havers14
Hi, I'm in year 13 and do bio, chem and pysch. Have you maybe had a look at any apprenticeship schemes? There are a lot out there so possibly have a look into those! If you're still set on doing A-levels, you could possibly look into foundation courses at Uni which tend to offer lower grade boundaries? A2 content mainly builds on your AS content and goes into a bit more depth, maybe over the summer you could try to focus on learning AS content and practicing exam questions that would put you in a great position for A2! Hope this is helpful!

Hi thanks for responding, I think over the summer will really try my best and work hard to continue A Levels I really want to continue and my teachers have also given some guidance and will help me with it as well, thank you for your response!

Quick Reply

Latest