Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For everyone whos got a job or has another source of income and lives with their parents, how much board/rent do you pay?

Do you think what you pay is a reasonable amount?

I pay £80 pounds a month, but I do have a good paid job and I get EMA for going to college.

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't charge me to stay in my house :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    i have to pay 60 quid a month which i think is pretty decent seeing as i earn about 900 quid a month hohoo

ReputationRep:
    I'm lucky, I pay nothing. Yet.

ReputationRep:
    I don't pay anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icantthinkofacoolusername)
    My parents don't charge me to stay in my house :indiff:
    Your house, or their house?

ReputationRep:
    nothing...have offered though,so am putting it in savings...well i will after christmas lol

AJxx

Nothing because I earn 80 pounds a week and if I left the house would probably fall apart.

By that I mean i I went to uni not walked out because I was told to pay rent.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing because I don't earn. My sister gives my parents £30 a week.

ReputationRep:
    I earn £300 a month, and don't pay rent.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously if you haven't got a job, you wouldn't be paying board, because you haven't got a financial income.

I thought the majority of people had jobs these days. Not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssjay)
    i have to pay 60 quid a month which i think is pretty decent seeing as i earn about 900 quid a month hohoo
    wow what do you do?:cool:

ReputationRep:
    i earn £35 a week and give £10 a week out of that as board :/

ReputationRep:
    I dont pay anything
    I'm on a gap year, my parents are just happy enough I'm focused on going to uni next year....and a lot of my time is spent getting work experience....which is unfortunately unpaid :p:

Although I do work 12 hours a week, but I'm saving that/ use it to keep my car on the road/ buy my own food

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a job and have to pay my parents

£80 a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaylei)
    wow what do you do?:cool:
    full time at boots !
    bloody lovely pay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssjay)
    full time at boots !
    bloody lovely pay
    very good, I earn 1400 a month but I dont live with my rents anymore or uni so I pay 400 per month now! I used to live rent free at home and pay 52 pound a week at uni!

ReputationRep:
    My dad has just started asking my brother for 40 quid a week out of 130 he gets week. Do you think thats alot? (im at uni, so dont pay anything).

ReputationRep:
    My bf pays £200 a month.

I personally think it's too much but who am I to judge. He thinks it's reasonable so guess that's what matters.

ReputationRep:
    I do have a job but I only get about £30 a week. However when I go to uni I will be paying my parents board then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.