Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For everyone whos got a job or has another source of income and lives with their parents, how much board/rent do you pay?

Do you think what you pay is a reasonable amount?

I pay £80 pounds a month, but I do have a good paid job and I get EMA for going to college.

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't charge me to stay in my house :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    i have to pay 60 quid a month which i think is pretty decent seeing as i earn about 900 quid a month hohoo

ReputationRep:
    I'm lucky, I pay nothing. Yet.

ReputationRep:
    I don't pay anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icantthinkofacoolusername)
    My parents don't charge me to stay in my house :indiff:
    Your house, or their house?

ReputationRep:
    nothing...have offered though,so am putting it in savings...well i will after christmas lol

AJxx

Nothing because I earn 80 pounds a week and if I left the house would probably fall apart.

By that I mean i I went to uni not walked out because I was told to pay rent.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing because I don't earn. My sister gives my parents £30 a week.

ReputationRep:
    I earn £300 a month, and don't pay rent.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously if you haven't got a job, you wouldn't be paying board, because you haven't got a financial income.

I thought the majority of people had jobs these days. Not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssjay)
    i have to pay 60 quid a month which i think is pretty decent seeing as i earn about 900 quid a month hohoo
    wow what do you do?:cool:

ReputationRep:
    i earn £35 a week and give £10 a week out of that as board :/

ReputationRep:
    I dont pay anything
    I'm on a gap year, my parents are just happy enough I'm focused on going to uni next year....and a lot of my time is spent getting work experience....which is unfortunately unpaid :p:

Although I do work 12 hours a week, but I'm saving that/ use it to keep my car on the road/ buy my own food

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a job and have to pay my parents

£80 a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaylei)
    wow what do you do?:cool:
    full time at boots !
    bloody lovely pay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssjay)
    full time at boots !
    bloody lovely pay
    very good, I earn 1400 a month but I dont live with my rents anymore or uni so I pay 400 per month now! I used to live rent free at home and pay 52 pound a week at uni!

ReputationRep:
    My dad has just started asking my brother for 40 quid a week out of 130 he gets week. Do you think thats alot? (im at uni, so dont pay anything).

ReputationRep:
    My bf pays £200 a month.

I personally think it's too much but who am I to judge. He thinks it's reasonable so guess that's what matters.

ReputationRep:
    I do have a job but I only get about £30 a week. However when I go to uni I will be paying my parents board then.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.