Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    How are you finding the year so far?

What kind of things are you studying at the moment? I know Medicine isn't comparable to a particular subject e.g. Biology/Chemistry, but would you say that your work is difficult in terms of the actual content, or is there just a lot to learn?

Is medical school as good as you expected it to be, or even better or perhaps worse?

I'm just curious :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    im loving it. absolutely loving it. at the moment I'm doing anatomy, which involves weekly dissections. ironically since ive got a really bad cough i'm making notes on the lungs! I'm not finding the content difficult to understand but I can see how it is a lot to learn in a short space of time. I honestly don't know where the last two months have gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piece_by_piece)
    How are you finding the year so far?

What kind of things are you studying at the moment? I know Medicine isn't comparable to a particular subject e.g. Biology/Chemistry, but would you say that your work is difficult in terms of the actual content, or is there just a lot to learn?

Is medical school as good as you expected it to be, or even better or perhaps worse?

I'm just curious :ninja:
    There's loads to learn, but going out is more fun

Nice sig by the way :P
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Thanks for the replies so far

ReputationRep:
    am in a place call trinity college in Dublin at the moment; we are doing anatomy, biochemistry, physiology, human development and medical ethics. The stuff is not difficult, there is nothing "hard" to grasp, its merely memorizing everything =)

its fun being in uni! There is always something going on every night (not that medics will go to many of them); and societies to go to in the afternoon; but the amount of things we are meant to learn in such a short space of time is scary; its certainly a lot more intense than A levels

ReputationRep:
    My brother is a medic fresher and he seems to spend all his time sleeping when he should be at class, rowing and getting drunk in rowing related activities, drinking or napping (aka more sleeping). When he does have class he seems make colourful posters under the guise of "interprofessional learning" or talking about people's feelings all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    My brother is a medic fresher and he seems to spend all his time sleeping when he should be at class, rowing and getting drunk in rowing related activities, drinking or napping (aka more sleeping). When he does have class he seems make colourful posters under the guise of "interprofessional learning" or talking about people's feelings all the time.
    Homosexual or lycra fetish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    I don't dare ask!

ReputationRep:
    I swear the BL freshers I know spend more time in the Griff Inn than studying :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I swear the BL freshers I know spend more time in the Griff Inn than studying :unsure:
    Good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Good!
    Which makes me wonder if I should chuck away my textbook, abandon trying to study and join them :unsure:

Sound like a good decision?

ReputationRep:
    I love it! So far we've done 3 PBL cases, starting the 4th (childhood) next week. The workload is really different from school because its hard to know how much we need to learn. Its not too bad though, definately more than A levels for me, but its fine. Theres always loads of stuff going on, this term is going so fast!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=piece_by_piece]H

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Hey! :mad:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    Hey! :mad:
    You just woke up a 2 year old thread :fuhrer: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billykwok)
    am in a place call trinity college in Dublin at the moment; we are doing anatomy, biochemistry, physiology, human development and medical ethics. The stuff is not difficult, there is nothing "hard" to grasp, its merely memorizing everything =)

its fun being in uni! There is always something going on every night (not that medics will go to many of them); and societies to go to in the afternoon; but the amount of things we are meant to learn in such a short space of time is scary; its certainly a lot more intense than A levels
    Aaah, I miss Trinity Hall, good times..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Woops! Sorry! :p: it appeared to be on the front page but i must've gone to the last one and not realised :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I like the idea of this thread, though! I hope more people post (and mention which university they're currently studying at).

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the amount of work is making me cry alittle bit inside - but that's cos it's all new because I am the worst attender!! Otherwise yeah it's great - GP visits are good but hospital ones have been fairly useless! Phase 1 was so boring - but now we're on Scenarios it's soooo much better!

(Original post by JordanCarroll)
    Woops! Sorry! :p: it appeared to be on the front page but i must've gone to the last one and not realised :teehee:
    Please god tell me you don't row :P

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been on here for ages since before arrivng at uni for medicine.

Would just like to ask how everyone feels about the prelims - getting really nervous now - still seem to have an awful lot of work to do even though I have put in so much effort?

So worried will need a viva or even worse resit/s!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.