The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard yet from YSJ about Primary Teaching?
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
cbailey_9691
Anyone heard yet from YSJ about Primary Teaching?

Nope! Still waiting!
Me too! I am starting to get worried as I want to accept my firm choice... but I was hoping they could be my insurance:/
cbailey_9691
Me too! I am starting to get worried as I want to accept my firm choice... but I was hoping they could be my insurance:/

Yep. If I get an offer from Huddersfield it will be between that, Worcester and hopefully York st John.
Where else have you applied?
Sheffield Hallam, Hull (Scarborough Campus), Worcester and Derby.
Still waiting!
Reply 46
I can't believe people are still waiting - they take ages! Once you have an offer though they reply really quickly to your mail. I sent my open day reply slip off and got a letter two days later.
Yep, seems to be slower than a lot of others.
Reply 48
Ive actually had enough of waiting..... lol.
Ive actually had enough of waiting..... lol.

Yep. I really need to know where I'll be going asap as my OH has to start applying for jobs in that area as we are moving together. Then there's finding a house to rent as well. :eek3: Come on York St John!
Reply 50
ipswichblade
Yep. I really need to know where I'll be going asap as my OH has to start applying for jobs in that area as we are moving together. Then there's finding a house to rent as well. :eek3: Come on York St John!

If I dont hear from them by Feb 28th then im cancelling it, ive already got 4 offers so im not exactly stuck for choice. Im just a bit worried that the length of time its taking them to reply is a reflection of what they are like as whole if you know what I mean.
If I dont hear from them by Feb 28th then im cancelling it, ive already got 4 offers so im not exactly stuck for choice. Im just a bit worried that the length of time its taking them to reply is a reflection of what they are like as whole if you know what I mean.

Yep. I have to wait as I really want to go there. :rolleyes:
Reply 52
Riley88
Mine took about 6 - 7 weeks to get back to me! Is it your first choice?
I applied to Manchester, Man Met, Lincoln, York and YSJ! You?

Ahh I really wanted to apply to York so much, but I knew I wouldn't get the grades!!
I applied to Leicester, Sussex, Reading, Bath Spa and YSJ... thinking back I wish I'd tried for Edinburgh and York...

Ahh well!

Does anyone know what the History course at YSJ is like?
Reply 53
Cancelled my application for YSJ... :biggrin:
Reply 54
I applied to 2 courses at YSJ, one for History and American Studies and the other just for History. I got an offer today for History and American Studies but I'm still waiting to see if I get an offer for History.
Just got this email after I sent them one asking about my application! Good news!

Dear Gemma,
Thank you for your email, we are making decisions on an ongoing basis and you should be hearing from us in the next couple of weeks with an interview date.

Best wishes,
Admissions,
York St John University
Interview on March 10th! :smile:
Reply 57
ipswichblade
Interview on March 10th! :smile:

Well done! :smile:
I've got an interview on March 10th as well! Will see you there:smile:
cbailey_9691
I've got an interview on March 10th as well! Will see you there:smile:

See you there!