Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, thanks for looking. *looking... dya geddit?* :cool:

I'm looking (lol) to start wearing contact lenses. I've never worn them before, but have a -9 prescription and a bloody bad astigmatism.
    Does anyone know where the best place would be to get them/try them? How much do they cost? etcetera etcetera.

Danke

ReputationRep:
    I've been wearing glasses for 10 years and only just decided to get contacts last November.

I hate going near my eyes. It's just not natural.

I decided to go to specsavers to go see about getting them.

Like you, I also have really bad astigmatism but they have special lenses called Toric lenses designed for this so it's ok. =]

After an introduction session they do a training thing for an hour with you to show you the ins and outs of taking care of your lenses and putting them in and out.

It took me 4 sessions before they were confident enough to let me go with them because I hate going near my eyes but now I can do it no bother at all.

As for cost... it costs me £15 a month for them so it really isn't that bad.

I love contact lenses :] Totally worth getting.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.